DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Gingerbread v1.9 Release

1. nka
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

Question

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I've been getting this really weird occurrence when there are incoming calls, the phone will start to ring and maybe 5 seconds later the screen will turn on and show who's calling and ill answer it and then hear them start to talk but the phone will still be ringing and it wont stop then the phone seems to just freak out and end the call, lose all service and go back to the home screen.

Also sometimes when I answer successfully it'll go straight to speaker phone and it cant be undone in call.
    Same here and I'm on 1.92

Rom: Steel Droid version 4.8

Kernel: stock
    Device: Droid 3
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I've been getting this really weird occurrence when there are incoming calls, the phone will start to ring and maybe 5 seconds later the screen will turn on and show who's calling and ill answer it and then hear them start to talk but the phone will still be ringing and it wont stop then the phone seems to just freak out and end the call, lose all service and go back to the home screen.

Also sometimes when I answer successfully it'll go straight to speaker phone and it cant be undone in call.
    +1 I thought it was just me, good post.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    +1, this has happened to me 3 times, I also get a reboot when I plug in the USB.. I like LGB, but since 1.4x I've had more issues than stability for sure.
  4. -iD
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Ouch happened to me tonight, important call, lol, sucked.

1.92, very fresh clean install
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    GNex, stock (but that won't last long i'm sure!)
    Finally a worthy successor to the D1
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yup, same here. There have been major GB bugs for a long time and w/ all GB roms (major being phone issues, map issues). For a long time I've been thinking the gingerbread just wasn't meant for D1. I've tried numerous roms. Liquid's are the best and my favorite and clearly he supports D1 more than anyone else, but I wonder if his (and everyone else's) time would be better spent on froyo? I know there was a thread about this months ago and he decided to move on to gb, but really there are so, so many bugs and it's not just his rom it's all of them and I'm ready to give up on GB again and I wonder if there will ever be a time to abandon ship? Maybe when honeycomb comes out.
    Last edited by otter34; 05-29-2011 at 12:58 AM.
  6. nka
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Yup, same here. There have been major GB bugs for a long time and w/ all GB roms (major being phone issues, map issues). For a long time I've been thinking the gingerbread just wasn't meant for D1. I've tried numerous roms. Liquid's are the best and my favorite and clearly he supports D1 more than anyone else, but I wonder if his (and everyone else's) time would be better spent on froyo? I know there was a thread about this months ago and he decided to move on to gb, but really there are so, so many bugs and it's not just his rom it's all of them and I'm ready to give up on GB again and I wonder if there will ever be a time to abandon ship? Maybe when honeycomb comes out.
    Do you think this problem could be related to some incompatibility with the kernel and the ROM? Currently I'm on Zespius 250-900 and it seems to run okay with that. The Droid1 was never meant to be set to 1ghz or above, and I believe the stock kernel that came with the original was set to a max of 700 mhz.

7. -iD
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Well gb on d1 is a separate debate, but I've run every lgb iteration there is and most were FANTASTIC for the time. The phone ringing oddity is some small bug introduced circa 1.9 and I'm sure liquid will isolate and squash it.

GNex, stock (but that won't last long i'm sure!)
    Finally a worthy successor to the D1
  8. nka
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by -iD View Post
    Well gb on d1 is a separate debate, but I've run every lgb iteration there is and most were FANTASTIC for the time. The phone ringing oddity is some small bug introduced circa 1.9 and I'm sure liquid will isolate and squash it.

I've had that phone ringing issue on multiple roms, not just Liquied, so its not just 1.9

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic / Eclipse 1.2
    Another couple slight things I've noticed happening frequently lately are when Im finished with a call and I move the phone from my ear to in front of me so as to hit the end button the screen will not light up and present itself(proximity sensor) idk Im not a dev but it wont let me end the call because of this, the screen might lit up for a fraction of a second then go dark again.

Also this one seems off and on but Ill hit the unlock(power) button as always to use my phone and it wont work, the row of touch sensitive buttons will light up a couple times maybe but the screen will never turn on and show the lock screen, this has forced me to do battery pulls a few times.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Do you think this problem could be related to some incompatibility with the kernel and the ROM? Currently I'm on Zespius 250-900 and it seems to run okay with that. The Droid1 was never meant to be set to 1ghz or above, and I believe the stock kernel that came with the original was set to a max of 700 mhz.
    New kernels have helped some people yes and in fact it helped me when going to a medium voltage on one of chevy's roms. I never run mine higher than 800. I also had to try out different kernels to find the perfect situation w/ froyo and I just don't want to spend a week trying to determine whether or not it's the rom, my phone or the kernel.
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Links