This is just my small attempt at an instructional post with a good title... if people like the title
This guide will go through on how to wipe your phone successfully and hopefull have no problems, like camera FC or some weird thing like that.
ALWAYS WIPE AT FULL BATTERY TO AVOID BATTERY ISSUES!!!
This guide thinks that you already have the new rom update.zip downloaded, however it will also suspect you are not using the right recovery, in it's opinion.
- Install RzRecovery, the new best recovery with features that make you smile - [Recovery] RZR SPR-based *update.zips-battery charging-more*
- boot into recovery, reboot and hold x as the phone starts up, or select recovery if you have a rom that can do that. (chances are you do)
- Providing that everything worked out so far, navigate (with the volume buttons) and select Backup/restore (with the camera button), we are going to make a backup. Don't use that tone of voice to me, I've been nothing but nice!! :P
- Navigate and select nandroid backup, first option!
- rename the backup by sliding open the keyboard, and then press the return arrow button (on your keyboard) when you are done!
- -OPTIONAL- select the option to backup .androidsecure, I think it is best to do that if you moved applications to your SD card, not quite sure. But it doesn't hurt if you backup everything!
- Navigate and select the option to backup your phone!
- Once its done nandroiding, return to the main screen of RzRecovery and click Wipe options, time to make this phone lose some weight of about 50-70 MB!
- Select Wipe all, this will do exactly as it says, but it won't wipe the recovery or the SD card! This won't take TOO long :P
- Is it done wiping all? Good! DONT WIPE AGAIN! don't get in the habit of wiping 3 times, it DOESN'T.......MAKE.........A..........DIFFERENCE!! !!!!!!!! Or at least with this recovery, if you want to think that. Yes this is a step, I want you guys to remember to do this step every time!
- Now, even though I said don't wipe again, I'm going to be a big hypocrite and say to wipe cache again. The reason? I have noticed that after selecting wiping all, it doesn't seem to wipe the cache right. This could lead to a buildup of dalvik cache, meaning memory problems with your phone. I am just making sure this doesn't happen to you!!!
- Done wiping (ONCE) and wiping cache again? Now go back to the main menu, go to the main menu on RzRecovery again and select Install. Time to install the rom! Lets drink some liquid! (could be orange juice, beer, but I can't drink beer! :P)
- if I recall right (I dont have my phone next to me) after selecting install, it should show the contents of your SD card. Navigate to where you saved the rom, and select it with the camera button!
- Since you have already wiped and backed up your previous rom, just select the option to install, dont wipe data/cache first since thats obviously not needed!
- It should go into the process of installing the rom, hooray! Once its done, go back to the main menu and select reboot into android.
- Bam. Your phone should start up, take a few minutes to boot up, and then show the lovely liquid!
- Liquid says you should only restore market apps, or data apps, with titanium backup. I personally think that you shouldn't just restore any data, just in case you come from a froyo rom.
- Want to bypass the android setup for some reason? just click the four corners of the setup screen when the finger touching the android animation is showing. My explanation is terrible, so heres a video - (ps. that's not me)
- I typed all this when I was bored in class!
- Uhh........... I might update this later...
Please reply saying anything you want, I would prefer:
- Some kind of thanks
- Anything I missed
- Constructive criticism
- Anything I did wrong
- How the process went for you
Please DONT reply saying:
- Insults to my mother
- anything on the topic of wiping 3x, just trust me...
If you read every word, thanks! I really, really, really, really hope this helped anyone who has been having troubles!!!!! Cya, my class is over