DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: {THEMES} For Liquid Gingerbread!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Awesome to see nextheme back in action! It's the one theme I've been missing since moving to GB. Gotta ask though, does it have battery percentages and if not could you cook up a version with em please?
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Awesome to see nextheme back in action! It's the one theme I've been missing since moving to GB. Gotta ask though, does it have battery percentages and if not could you cook up a version with em please?
    I am sure I can whip one up with the percents. I do want to finish up galaxy and revo first, then itll the first thing on my list.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No prob man take your time I'm just happy to have nexthme on a GB rom. Crazy fast response btw.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    liquid0624
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Great job bro
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt :)
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    You are a hardworking man JSM. Keep up the good work!
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid0624 View Post
    Great job bro
    Thanks man I appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrioid View Post
    You are a hardworking man JSM. Keep up the good work!
    Haha thats crazy, I was just posting in you black chrome thread
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Hey guys just posted Galaxy S up, off to bed for the night, still trying to get over the cold/sinus infection. I will answer any questions or comments in the morning. Nighty night!!
  8. -iD
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    hey, plz don't take this the wrong way; i am NOT a dev and couldn't do what you theming gods do, so i understand that you don't value my opinion very much...

that said, i'm looking at all the work going into themes now for lgb and sad for you guys that you aren't taking the time to learn tmo theme chooser. i know it's more work to learn a new format, but seems to me, especially with the speed that lgb versions fly out, that it would pay off pretty quickly, and help a lot on ROM support by not having issues that come from using the wrong version (e.g. theme v1.65 on ROM v1.67).

i know that there are some bits that theme chooser doesn't get, but i'm seeing success in theme threads for other roms with a theme chooser theme to handle *most* of the changes, and a supplemental morph zip to get the lock screen, horizontal progress, and framework changes. the tmo theme is generic enough that it doesn't need nearly as much maintenance when the ROM moves to a new version, and the morphs seem to be so specific and targeted that they also seem to work over multiple updated ROM revisions.

When the users are directed to use zip themer to apply them they also get the benefit of an automagically created "undo" file to return to stock, which is the other user downside of zip theming like in this thread: there's no undo, other than to reflash to a backup.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING, mind you, and i'm thrilled that there's a gala S theme now, which used to be my fave. but i'm not sure i'm gonna jump on it, mainly because :

1) lgb gets updated so quickly that the themes are often for the last version only and
    2) i've really been taken by the honeybread theme. i add atari-boy (sp?)'s blue horizontal progress bar, honeybread wannabe lockscreen and honeybread lockscreen clock combined into one zip with zip themer, and i'm good to go.

none of those theme elements have been updated in months, and they all still work, so updates don't make me go back to stock and then go hunting down an updated theme or something new to run if the theme i'm currently on is not updated yet, as is often the case.

hope you can read this in a good frame of mind and consider it. i'm NOT trashing your work, far from it, i LUV what you do, i just think if you got on board with the newer theme scheme (tmo chooser plus a "finishing touches" morph) you'd find that you could put more time into dev'in' new kewl stuff and less time into user support and updating your files to the latest version.

my .02, keep the change.

GNex, stock (but that won't last long i'm sure!)
    Finally a worthy successor to the D1
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So I've been running the Nextheme port for about half a day now and I gotta say, it's fantastic, but I have a few minor qualms with it.

1. The power control widget seems a little out of place. It has the Nextheme style icons, but it's done in a minimalistic black and white more in line with the Revolution theme. I'd prefer the more colorful widget that bp328i used in his old ports.

2. For some strange reason the music and settings icons are not themed. The music icon is the stock GB green speaker and the settings icons are the default blue android knobs. I don't mind the music icon too much as I have the honeycomb music player apk which overwrites all themed icons, but the absence of the Nextheme styled green gears settings icons is a bit strange.

3. The notification pulldown is solid. This is a very minor gripe, but I just prefer transparent notification pulldowns.

These changes along with a percentage display for the battery icon would make this theme almost perfect imo.
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt :)
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    iD - everyone's opinion counts, and there's a lot of users stepping up and learning how to theme. Theming is very time consuming, most of us do this on our free time, and it's more than just swapping images. Theme manager is a nice way of switching themes for any ROM, but it's also limited to how much it changes compared to a .zip file. I'm sure as Theming changes, we will all learn the process.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Links