DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liquid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    d2g
    Another thing i noticed is that the battery life is TERRIBLE for me. I have an extended battery and after unplugging it at 11ish this morning im down to 30% with extremely light use. I got much better on miui with about the same use. It's literally just been sitting on my bed all day, not even texting, maybe I just need to calibrate it again but I doubt that's all it is. Other than that and some bugs I like the rom though
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    Ok, so I need to get a quick clear up. I am currently running the FROYO version of CM7. In order to give this ROM a try, do I need to SBF back, or can I flash this on to a FROYO phone? I have never run GB on my phone, and dont plan on it. Do I need GB to run this ROM?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Ok, so I need to get a quick clear up. I am currently running the FROYO version of CM7. In order to give this ROM a try, do I need to SBF back, or can I flash this on to a FROYO phone? I have never run GB on my phone, and dont plan on it. Do I need GB to run this ROM?
    Yes, you need GB in order to flash this rom. Trying to do it from Froyo will get you stuck at the "M" most likely. Not sure if you'll have to sbf before updating to GB though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    Quote Originally Posted by thesoldier View Post
    Yes, you need GB in order to flash this rom. Trying to do it from Froyo will get you stuck at the "M" most likely. Not sure if you'll have to sbf before updating to GB though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0
    So I will need to sbf back, and follow the instructions to put the GB leak on my phone, then proceed with the installation of this ROM? Sorry for being wordy, I just want to be very exact, so I get the right answer for my question.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I couldn't get this to work. I was able to flash it and use it, but it never survived a single reboot. Rebooting always got me stuck at the M, and I had to SBF from there (abd couldn't see the device). I'm giving up on liquid after 2 tries and neither surviving a reboot.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Google framework error and media error. Had to discontinue user because of constant FC issues, making the Rom unusable and I tried running permission fix but no luck. Also titanium backup will not insurance install some system apps and will lock up. I may just sick with stock and customise it with apps like GO Launcher.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums
    Droid Bionic Rooted 6.7.246
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan82 View Post
    Did that but I did not SBF. I cleared all 3 and updated from OTA 607 and too many issues. I will try to fix permissions through.

I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by lieblax View Post
    Another thing i noticed is that the battery life is TERRIBLE for me. I have an extended battery and after unplugging it at 11ish this morning im down to 30% with extremely light use. I got much better on miui with about the same use. It's literally just been sitting on my bed all day, not even texting, maybe I just need to calibrate it again but I doubt that's all it is. Other than that and some bugs I like the rom though
    You might want to specify how long it has been since 11AM due to time zone differences, but I agree with battery life. I woke up, unplugged my phone and it was at 100%. Checked about 2 or 3 emails right after waking up and an hour or so later, I was down 10% already :s

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    So I will need to sbf back, and follow the instructions to put the GB leak on my phone, then proceed with the installation of this ROM? Sorry for being wordy, I just want to be very exact, so I get the right answer for my question.
    Yes, GB will not install if you have either rooted or bootstraped your phone. Your phone can be unrooted easy enough, but unbootstraping,well never heard of that..You can have apps installed, I believe, just so long as the phone is not rooted or bootstraped.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    I couldn't get this to work. I was able to flash it and use it, but it never survived a single reboot. Rebooting always got me stuck at the M, and I had to SBF from there (abd couldn't see the device). I'm giving up on liquid after 2 tries and neither surviving a reboot.
    Try installing liquid,boot it up once, reboot to recovery(stock), wipe data and cache, then boot up the phone, root,bootstrap, and then flash liquid from the clockwork recovery.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    [QUOTE=Xplorer4x4;1779636]I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

Worried before install of Liquid Rom.

Droid Bionic Rooted 6.7.246
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    [QUOTE=Stefan82;1779641]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
    I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

Worried before install of Liquid Rom.

You need to wipe data/cache, and wipe the dalvik cache in advanced for both ROM's before flashing them

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    lol, droidfreak28, I am quite aware as I was the one who posted the suggestion of wiping dalvik cache. I was trying to ask Stefan82 to calrify to make sure he did it right.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links