DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visual Voicemail

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Visual Voicemail

Hey guys, I have a friend that has a Droid X I've rooted for him. He's running the Liberty Rom but apparently wants to run visual voicemail as well.

I don't have a Droid X and he's in another state right now so I'm trying to help out over gtalk...Anyway what's the best way to get verizons visual voicemail to run on the Droid X?

Apparently it doesn't show up in the android market because it comes with the phone? I saw one forum mention about editing the build.prop and change

ro.HorizontalVVM=True
    To:
    ro.HorizontalVVM=false

I found another thread that links to the VVM.zip file to be flashed that works on the Liberty ROM but was built for the Droid 2 and I'm uncertain if it'll run smoothly.

Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful. I only have an OG Droid and a Galaxy Nexus myself so I can't just try and make it work on my phone =(

TLDR; Need Verizon Visual Voicemail to run on DX with Liberty Rom
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I know this isn't what you asked but why not set up Google Voice? Your friend can get visual voicemail and still not use the Google Voice phone number. It's transparent.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    ha, this is exactly what I told him to do!

For whatever reason he's being picky and wants to use the Verizon app. I guess he already pays for the service for some strange reason...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I would just chalk it up to your friend having strange ideas. I personally don't care who my visual voice provider is... He can cancel VZ Visual Voice at any time I think.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I agree, I think paying verizon for a service we can get for free is completely useless. Oh well, some people are strange like that I suppose.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Liberty 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    I know this isn't what you asked but why not set up Google Voice? Your friend can get visual voicemail and still not use the Google Voice phone number. It's transparent.
    OK, that sounds great! How do I set that up? I obviously don't want to route all calls through my Google Voice number, I just want them to go straight to my phone, without any routing that might cost me extra money or show as a different number on someone else's caller id. However, when they go to voicemail I don't care who they go to, so my Google Voice number would be fine. Is it possible to route only calls you don't answer into the Google Voice system?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    Nobody is actually answering the question... It's been a while since I've used Liberty but I'm pretty sure one of the blur apks you can install was visual voicemail... =) I may be totally wrong though!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Je11yman View Post
    OK, that sounds great! How do I set that up? I obviously don't want to route all calls through my Google Voice number, I just want them to go straight to my phone, without any routing that might cost me extra money or show as a different number on someone else's caller id. However, when they go to voicemail I don't care who they go to, so my Google Voice number would be fine. Is it possible to route only calls you don't answer into the Google Voice system?
    Yes, you set that you want your messages to go to the gvoice. That way you can also read them on your computer! It's been a while since I set it up but after you set it up in gvoice, you can go into your phone settings and select that you want gvoice for voicemail app and not Verizon Voicemail!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiksc00p View Post
    Yes, you set that you want your messages to go to the gvoice. That way you can also read them on your computer! It's been a while since I set it up but after you set it up in gvoice, you can go into your phone settings and select that you want gvoice for voicemail app and not Verizon Voicemail!
    Yes that's all there is to it. I don't know of any advantage to using Verizon Visual Voicemail and paying on a monthly basis.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Liberty 1.5
    THIS IS AWESOME! It works great! And to think, I could have been doing this for a year or more. Doh!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links