DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I'm a little over whelmed : rom toolbox pro vs rom manager premium?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

I'm a little over whelmed : rom toolbox pro vs rom manager premium?

I'm still a little over whelmed with all the information that goes along with installing Liberty on my phone.

First rooting the phone seems simple enough, just download the a4root.1.3.0.apk file and install it.

Seems like the best bootstrapper is the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper. From what I understand for some reason the rom manager premium doesn't come with the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper it comes with the Droid X recovery bootstrapper. That right there makes me not want to buy it... You would think they would include the better version in the main app since they are both from the same company.

rom toolbox pro | rom manager premium what's the difference between these two apps. For all I know they aren't even related...

I can either buy one of those two apps listed above and might run into problems because of the built in bootstrapper not being up to par or I can just buy the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and install the Liberty 2.01 rom zip file that's already on my phone. What should I do?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X (Liberty 2.0.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYIaster View Post
    I'm still a little over whelmed with all the information that goes along with installing Liberty on my phone.

First rooting the phone seems simple enough, just download the a4root.1.3.0.apk file and install it.

Seems like the best bootstrapper is the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper. From what I understand for some reason the rom manager premium doesn't come with the Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper it comes with the Droid X recovery bootstrapper. That right there makes me not want to buy it... You would think they would include the better version in the main app since they are both from the same company.

rom toolbox pro | rom manager premium what's the difference between these two apps. For all I know they aren't even related...

I can either buy one of those two apps listed above and might run into problems because of the built in bootstrapper not being up to par or I can just buy the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and install the Liberty 2.01 rom zip file that's already on my phone. What should I do?
    http://bit.ly/lgbootstrap
    Courtesy of Mobile Sensai; a compiled app from the Droid 2 Bootstrap. Works perfectly.
    I'm too drunk to read that whole thing and respond.
    But the free Rom Toolbox should have the Liberty 2.0.1 for froyo, I think.

Links