DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New Market 3.0.26 and 3.0.27 crash on app purchase

  1. Droid
    tom108's Avatar
    Member #
    34864
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    38
    Twitter
    romrate
    Phone
    Moto Droid, DroidX, Viewsonic
    #1

    New Market 3.0.26 and 3.0.27 crash on app purchase

    On the New Market Free apps come down fine. My apps update fine. but if i try to purchase a new app the market crashes. anyone else?
  2. Junior Droid
    integrate's Avatar
    Member #
    185914
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    On the New Market Free apps come down fine. My apps update fine. but if i try to purchase a new app the market crashes. anyone else?
    Same happens to me.
  3. Senior Droid
    pcpimp's Avatar
    Member #
    187225
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CBUS
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    thepcpimp
    Phone
    VZW GNOTE3
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by integrate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    On the New Market Free apps come down fine. My apps update fine. but if i try to purchase a new app the market crashes. anyone else?
    Same happens to me.
    Yep me too! Had to flash back to older version.
  4. Droid
    Unclecheese's Avatar
    Member #
    187076
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Behind the Redwood curtain
    Posts
    56
    Twitter
    unclecheeser
    Phone
    Liberated Droid X
    #4
    I haven't tried to purchase any new apps through the New Market.
    The small bug I have is that I will check for updates of my apps.
    It will list that I need to update X number of programs but when I click to update a randome app, sometimes it goes to the app page and only gives me Open or Uninstall. The app is already up to date. It does not do this to all updateable programs, just one every once in a while.
    Hope things will smooth out over time.

    I may be looking for a way to flash back to the old market as I really don't like the new one much.
    If anyone has a link to this process (downgrading to old market) that would be a big help. I have old market backed up in TiBU but not sure if I need to remove the new market first or just restore the old market over the new market. And if I need to remove first, which files need to be removed.

    Thanks.....
    The Awesome Droid X <--> Shuji v 2.1

    My name is Unclecheese and I am an Android addict.
    I may need help, If I do, I'll ask.
    @Unclecheeser
  5. Droid
    tom108's Avatar
    Member #
    34864
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    38
    Twitter
    romrate
    Phone
    Moto Droid, DroidX, Viewsonic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclecheese View Post
    I haven't tried to purchase any new apps through the New Market.
    The small bug I have is that I will check for updates of my apps.
    It will list that I need to update X number of programs but when I click to update a randome app, sometimes it goes to the app page and only gives me Open or Uninstall. The app is already up to date. It does not do this to all updateable programs, just one every once in a while.
    Hope things will smooth out over time.

    I may be looking for a way to flash back to the old market as I really don't like the new one much.
    If anyone has a link to this process (downgrading to old market) that would be a big help. I have old market backed up in TiBU but not sure if I need to remove the new market first or just restore the old market over the new market. And if I need to remove first, which files need to be removed.

    Thanks.....
    easy way to revert back would be to use root explorer and copy the old apk into system/apps just rename the existing to Vending.apk.bak and copy the one attached here into that folder. then set permissions. You may also need to uninstall updates to the market withing settings/app management.

    UNZIP THEN COPY THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tom108; 07-22-2011 at 09:13 AM.
  6. Droid
    Unclecheese's Avatar
    Member #
    187076
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Behind the Redwood curtain
    Posts
    56
    Twitter
    unclecheeser
    Phone
    Liberated Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post

    easy way to revert back would be to use root explorer and copy the old apk into system/apps just rename the existing to Vending.apk.bak and copy the one attached here into that folder. then set permissions. You may also need to uninstall updates to the market withing settings/app management.

    UNZIP THEN COPY THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.
    Thanks Tom.... your the man
    I had been looking for a Market.apk, not Vending.apk
    Big help!
    The Awesome Droid X <--> Shuji v 2.1

    My name is Unclecheese and I am an Android addict.
    I may need help, If I do, I'll ask.
    @Unclecheeser

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. market app crash in aosp rom
    By thinkmega in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. Market Crash
    By wierdo124 in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
  3. Market purchase trouble
    By jbrock98 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM
  4. market purchase
    By fbm111 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  5. Can't purchase from market with a .name account?
    By Natolx in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:04 AM

Search tags for this page

android market 3.0.26 release date

,
android market app crashes
,
android market crash
,
android market crash on purchase
,
android market crashes
,
android market crashes on purchase
,
android market crashes purchase
,
android market crashing
,
android market update crash
,
droid x market crashing
,
htc+thunderbolt+vending+process crash
,
market my app crash
,
new android market 3.0 27
,
new android market crash
,
new android market crashes
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+