If you SBF your phone, it almost always gets stuck in a boot loop. Here's how to fix it. (Yes, stock recovery and do a wipe, but here's the 123):
0. If the phone is plugged in, unplug it.
1. Take the battery out and put it back in
2. Hold the home button and the power button until the little android with the triangle & exclamation mark come up.
3. Press the search button.
4. Use the vol. up & down buttons to go to wipe data/factory reset.
5. Press Camera button to select it.
6. Vol up/down to Yes and #5 again.
You always have to wipe data/factory reset after an SBF. For some stupid reason. SBF should really factory reset the phone. :-/
Last edited by Kasey Krehbiel; 07-01-2011 at 07:06 AM.
When I did the flashing of sbf, it sometimes took up to 30 minutes, sometimes it would stick on a certain % for a while. It would always give a result code if it failed, or if it passed, it would say to please reboot your phone manually. Which one did you get, if at all?
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Whenever you SBF, it will come up at the end and say please reboot your phone manually. At that time, it'll probably boot loop, and that's when you have to go through the steps I just described.
...and yes, it does take a little while. :-)
I see I get impatient with froyo now I have ginger working. at least I fix the phone thanks to you guys again. I think im not going to flash again lol I will wait a
for the root and then install liberty I guess thanks again so much