DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LGB Default Theme Discussion

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate, Tbolt & DX
    Just a thought, and I'm not knocking anyone, this rom is amazing. But as part of the boot customizer, I think it would be awesome to be able to select no theme. Stock GB look, blue, something other than yellow . The yellow and black just isn't my bag. With the limited ( no ) selection of themes right now its the only thing I don't like. I know its kind of the liberty standard, but I cant figure out why. I hope I'm not offending anyone, I don't mean to hate. Just a thought.
    Tbolt CM7
    Droid X CM7
    Droid X Rooted OTA
    Eris CM7

I have too many phones Buy some! PM me
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I miss the music controls on the lockscreen as well.
    +1 to the Liberty gold theme mixed with the gingerbread blue
    I saw this on a photo from one of Bgill's old Linear theme screenshots... it was a power controls widget built into the pulldown bar.

I guess 2 of those 3 are more add on's or system related things vs "theme" things but oh well.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by deevious View Post
    (4/29/10)
    Liberty Customizer:
    - Ability to chose different themes (Default Liberty, AOSP, etc...)
    - Ability to chose different color schemes (Yellow, Red, Blue, etc...)
    - Ability to chose different icons (Notification and Apps)
    - Ability to chose different lockscreen sliders

Random Thoughts:
    - I don't like the font for 3G in the notification settings. 1-2 pixels too wide IMO.
    - I really like the default Gingerbread look for a change. Being able to keep/change to it's notification bar color would be nice.
    - So far I'm in love.

Not sure this is the right place to put this to be honest, buuut my only other option would be to make another thread.
    I like what is above these options would be great. I do like the color scheme from the 0.3gb.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    1. subtle elements from darkedge like the diagonal lines and microtheming as such should be added.

2. OPTION FOR PINK

3. App headers/thread headings/gmail header/gtalk headers blue

4. Browser isn't stock

5. Dialer/Contacts

6. Invert settings/gtalk/market/gmail. - uniformity is key - noticed default app background is black, settings items aren't transparent, they're white.. so short lists reveal gaudy backgrounds (wifi settings, data/battery settings)

7. Unlock sliders need aosp'ed.. actually the whole lockscreen bothers me.. a honeycomb theme or aosp clock.. Rotary?

8. System buttons seem flush with the surrounding backgrounds (next,cancel,ok)

9. No send button in messaging/default messaging notification icon still black.

10. Keyboard not themed/Keyboard suggestions green (figured they would be orange like GB keyboard)

11. Although not necessary, I think the calculator is long due for a makeover.

12. Icons not aosp, probably because the apps aren't yet.. The terminal emulator icon kills me however.

13. Oh! and liberty launcher isn't orange as before? (this is my first time on liberty, i just remember the orange)

14. Popup items not themed - still blue.

15. 3G and 1X icons are for sure annoying.

16. AOSP music app..

17. MORE special icons like the AOSP camera!

NOT THEME:

1. Remove crap apps and paper trails... (motogallery, accounts, battery saver (which is worthless with OC governors, and for those who don't know what those are, you should have never rooted..), downloads (when did that even get on blur?), blur setup) - enable fb contact sync.

2. 3G hotspot should be precracked or at least an option.. if not remove and include wifi for root. Much trickery here.

3. Better default music app/theme?

I remember your and xeu's work on darkedge when I was an OG Droid guy. If some of that can be brought back, the blacks, the sheer per-component density of each and every button and bar and background can be brought back. Amazingness.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 05-02-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    DX
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by deevious View Post
    (4/29/10)
    Liberty Customizer:
    - Ability to chose different themes (Default Liberty, AOSP, etc...)
    - Ability to chose different color schemes (Yellow, Red, Blue, etc...)
    - Ability to chose different icons (Notification and Apps)
    - Ability to chose different lockscreen sliders

Random Thoughts:
    - I don't like the font for 3G in the notification settings. 1-2 pixels too wide IMO.
    - I really like the default Gingerbread look for a change. Being able to keep/change to it's notification bar color would be nice.
    - So far I'm in love.

Not sure this is the right place to put this to be honest, buuut my only other option would be to make another thread.
    ^^^ Good thoughts. Same boat as me. I like the black and gold look, but really would love to see some changes without applying themes. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Absolutely rocking with the v0.5,..love it!! I do have one minor annoyance that I would love to get some help with...its a consistent lil glitch since v0.1 and havent seen anyone else post about it so figured I would toss it out there...my line of work requires me to use a calculator several times a day and the one on my phone is the handiest...dont need anything fancy, just a basic calculator and dont know if this is a rom glitch or gingerbread glitch but as you can see my calculator has a very odd minus sign....anyway to get it changed to a standard minus sign by chance or can someone suggest another basic calculator apk I can apply instead of this one? Thanks in advance for any help:-D

Sent from my Bada@@ Liberated GB v0.5 DX
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaDroidX View Post
    Absolutely rocking with the v0.5,..love it!! I do have one minor annoyance that I would love to get some help with...its a consistent lil glitch since v0.1 and havent seen anyone else post about it so figured I would toss it out there...my line of work requires me to use a calculator several times a day and the one on my phone is the handiest...dont need anything fancy, just a basic calculator and dont know if this is a rom glitch or gingerbread glitch but as you can see my calculator has a very odd minus sign....anyway to get it changed to a standard minus sign by chance or can someone suggest another basic calculator apk I can apply instead of this one? Thanks in advance for any help:-D
    Try using a different font.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    thanks I'll try that.

9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Well this experiment didn't really pan out how I initially hoped, but there was still some solid posts. Closing thread.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links