DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: hey quick nooby question :)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Red face hey quick nooby question :)

So im totally new to rooting, but i did successfully root my X a couple days ago. I loaded Liberty plus the theme Epic Blue and Bold. And i must say i love it.
    I just recently bought the donation toolbox because i was thinking about giving LGB a go.

So its my understanding i cant use the themes for this version yet right?

And for loading LGB am i just going to wipe all data/ cache and then load the zip? will the theme get in the way? or since i wiped my phone its off of it until i load it again.

my other question is that i backed up my current liberty rom. if i donít really like the LGB can i just go and restore the past rom that i used without any problems?
    Thank you for your time.

Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mreman15 View Post
    So im totally new to rooting, but i did successfully root my X a couple days ago. I loaded Liberty plus the theme Epic Blue and Bold. And i must say i love it.
    I just recently bought the donation toolbox because i was thinking about giving LGB a go.

And for loading LGB am i just going to wipe all data/ cache and then load the zip? will the theme get in the way? or since i wiped my phone its off of it until i load it again.

my other question is that i backed up my current liberty rom. if i donít really like the LGB can i just go and restore the past rom that i used without any problems?
    Thank you for your time.
    First off, welcome to the family lol ... there have been attempts at running themes on the GB Liberty that have turned out unsuccessful, so don't try that until they are ported for the GB Liberty which should be worked on as soon as things settle down with the development of GB Liberty; however, the theme that GB comes with is really nice for now ...GB is very stable and runs like a champ (highly recommend); there are a few bugs that are being worked out, but nothing serious at all. If you have a backup (I assume that you used rom manager?, or the toolbox?), then yes you can revert back to that at any point; you can come to the forum and ask for help any time you need it and someone will surely help out. I normally do a backup and wipe cache whenever I install a rom, but minimum you HAVE to WIPE...I just like to be extra careful and do a backup too. anyway good luck; hit back when you got it done and give some feedback
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcalibur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mreman15 View Post

my other question is that i backed up my current liberty rom. if i don’t really like the LGB can i just go and restore the past rom that i used without any problems?
    Thank you for your time.
    First off, welcome to the family lol ... there have been attempts at running themes on the GB Liberty that have turned out unsuccessful, so don't try that until they are ported for the GB Liberty which should be worked on as soon as things settle down with the development of GB Liberty; however, the theme that GB comes with is really nice for now ...GB is very stable and runs like a champ (highly recommend); there are a few bugs that are being worked out, but nothing serious at all. If you have a backup (I assume that you used rom manager?, or the toolbox?), then yes you can revert back to that at any point; you can come to the forum and ask for help any time you need it and someone will surely help out. I normally do a backup and wipe cache whenever I install a rom, but minimum you HAVE to WIPE...I just like to be extra careful and do a backup too. anyway good luck; hit back when you got it done and give some feedback
    Hello to both of you.
    First off DO NOT RESTORE A FROYO BACKUP. If you flash gingerbread, I have read that you cannot just restore back. A AND has to be done to get back to. 340 FROYO.
    Last edited by nordy420; 04-22-2011 at 07:15 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    An sbf, sorry I hate predictive text.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Alright I'm downloading lgb now thanks for the information! And I surely will give feedback!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Nordy, I was running project elite 5.2 GB and went back to 4.2 froyo with no problems after a wipe of data/cache/dalvik. I don't have an X but its the same OS and I don't think its an issue. I will admit I could be wrong but I'm pretty confident I'm not.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I am trying to find some info about this.... I haven't heard that you couldn't restore ....I can't seem to find anything to say that you wouldn't be able to restore ..... either way you go though, if the worst thing that you have to do is sbf, then not too big of a deal .... I'll keep looking though.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I am trying to find some info about this.... I haven't heard that you couldn't restore ....I can't seem to find anything to say that you wouldn't be able to restore ..... either way you go though, if the worst thing that you have to do is sbf, then not too big of a deal .... I'll keep looking though.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I have been following P3droid at MyDroidWorld, and he has said that the only way back to. 340 from. 588 is an sbf. I guess your right though, worst case is sbf, either way you would face it, but I myself could never go back gingy is awesome.
    I tried to restore my stock nandroid after trying lgb. and I could not get my blurhome to work so I had to sbf. Good luck and definitely leave feedback.
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by nordy420 View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I have been following P3droid at MyDroidWorld, and he has said that the only way back to. 340 from. 588 is an sbf. I guess your right though, worst case is sbf, either way you would face it, but I myself could never go back gingy is awesome.
    I tried to restore my stock nandroid after trying lgb. and I could not get my blurhome to work so I had to sbf. Good luck and definitely leave feedback.

couldn't agree more! I wouldn't dream of going back now...

Links