DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Update: changed the values from 128k to 1024k, 2048k, & 3072k, had the best benchmarks with 2048; 3072 actually was worse, so I didn't bother with 4096k ....now I have to work on making it permanent; I can't download the files from xda because I am a new user and they won't allow it, so I'm going to attempt to create one from scratch...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liberty ROM - v. 2.0-cap2011040520041.jpg   Liberty ROM - v. 2.0-cap201104052009.jpg  
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto x
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    I know what kind of work they do. I've ran liberty on and off from its creation. I've donated. For now we still have a first amendment which means I can state my opinion. Ill gladly give you my paypal address for anyone who wants to send me five bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Can I hand deliver it so I can smack you over the head while I'm there?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    GS3
    to whom it may concern........

could the OP be updated with all the fixes and adjustments plz?
    i read through most of this thread but finding it all in the OP would be great!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    anybody here know how to adjust the font sizing? like make it a lil bigger. i tried changing it under the spare parts settings but it keeps reverting back. any idea? thanks
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skunkmilk
    Phone
    droid razr
    is there anyway to get the pull down menu for sending txt or email i liked that id just click on favorites
    and send one of my idiots a msg now i have to start typing there name this 2.0 is slick best 5 bucks iv spent so far with my DX and is there any way to change the image for someone you dont have a photo for
    i know its not just liberty id rather have at least a color droid guy not that shadow

thanks
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    SLCMotor
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcalibur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
    Running Liberty 2.0 with EpicBlue theme and all is going very well. I was having a problem getting the themes to work through toolbox, I kept getting installation aborted. I had download the theme from the forums and then install through recovery, after I selected mount/system. I too installed the FIX for the FC and it worked out great for me. Got it all setup perfect and then saw a FIX/Modification on another forum to increase the speed of your SD Card. It works awesome for me and I sure do notice the speed increase.

Here is some of the info which I took from where I found it: Or do a search for the info and you will find some .zip files which your suppose to be able to install through recover, that way didn't work for me and I did it with Root Explorer. -Enjoy

How to Increase the Reading Speed of your SD Card

You can check your current speed by looking at /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb with root explorer mine was set to 128 so I followed the instructions below to change it to 2048

Make a file with this content:

#!/system/bin/sh
    if [ -e
    /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]
    then
    /system/xbin/echo
    "128" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb;
    fi;

Change the red marked number from 128 to what you need (example 2048).
    Save it as "99sdcardreadfix", copy it with the Root explorer or push it with ADB into
    /system/etc/init.d and set permissions to 777. Reboot.
    ...a few questions... I just downloaded root explorer, what do I have to change to allow me to open/view a file: tried to see what my current speed is, found the file, but couldn't open (new to root explorer; sorry) ...this will probably solve question 2 which is: I create a file named '99sdcardreadfix', but I can't open it to enter in the info!
    ....question 3 is; how do I change permissions? ....if I look like a moron for asking these, I'm sorry! I just thought it would be awesome to do, and tried, and got scared that I would F something up!
    If you didn't figure it out yet.. In Root Explorer Long press the file you want to select and the options screen will appear, scroll down and you will see "View as text" or Open in Text Editor. Same for Permissions is in the options menu..

Hope that helps..
    Safety is no accident!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    SLCMotor
    Phone
    Droid X
    Update: changed the values from 128k to 1024k, 2048k, & 3072k, had the best benchmarks with 2048; 3072 actually was worse, so I didn't bother with 4096k ....now I have to work on making it permanent; I can't download the files from xda because I am a new user and they won't allow it, so I'm going to attempt to create one from scratch...
    It should stay permanent using those instructions but here is the file.
    2048 File

I did it all manually set permissions to /system/etc/init.d/99sdcardspeedfix to r-xr-xr-x
    Last edited by SLCMotor; 04-06-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Safety is no accident!
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
    It should stay permanent using those instructions but here is the file.
    2048 File

I did it all manually set permissions to /system/etc/init.d/99sdcardspeedfix to r-xr-xr-x

Worked like a champ! Thank you very much for your help; I'll save that file; I guess I was entering in the code wrong before, it was late, so that is VERY possible!
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    well look at that ..... now xda dev is allowing me to dl files after I already have it taken care of .... that's the way of it sometimes...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by louy99 View Post
    I meant sbf to 2.3.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
    Could I just download an sbf for .340 and flash that? Or would it brick my phone if I try to flash .340 when I am currently on GB unrooted? Thanks!
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Links