This is long, but I wanted to make sure it's clear on what exactly I did...I need serious help.
I'm a ROM newbie. Liberty 1.0 was my first ROM install. Followed the directions and was running 1.0 without any problems and loving it. Decided to take the plunge and move to 1.5. Now, I have some serious issues.
Here are the steps I took:
1. Using TBU, backed up my user data (no system data) and created a TBU.zip.
2. Re-booted using Bootstrap.
3. Performed Nandroid backup of my 1.0 ROM.
4. Performed a wipe data/factory reset.
5. Performed a wipe cache partition (I think that is what it's called, it's the option right below wipe data/factory reset). I realize this wasn't part of the instructions, but I forgot about that.
6. Installed Liberty 1.5 from sdcard - no error messages at all.
7. Installed TBU.zip from sdcard - no error messages at all.
8. Rebooted system.
Everything appeared to go without a hitch. During the rebooting, the system will have the Liberty Eagle that "rotates", the lockscreen will show, then the system will show the Liberty Eagle that "rotates" again and then the lockscreen again and I'll be fine. I tried to go to settings, liberty settings and it force closes.
Checking the applications, I made a mental note that the toolbox and terminal weren't there. I opened TBU to restore apps (again no system data) and during the re-installing of the first app I got the Liberty Eagle (mentioned above) again and then the lockscreen (install failed).
I decided to skip TBU and go into the Market and redownload Bootstrap because I was intending to reflash 1.5 (or restore 1.0). During the install (from the Market) of Bootstrap, I got the Liberty Eagle again and then the lockscreen (install failed)!
So, I can't restore or install any apps. Since I didn't have Bootstrap installed, I renamed the Liberty 1.5.zip to update.zip and rebooted into the system recovery (I think that is what it's called). This is the one where it only gives you option of installing update.zip from sdcard (the reason I renamed the ROM to this). Tried it and the installation aborted.
So, right now, I can use the phone, text, and surf the web, but I cannot install anything!
Since I can't install Bootstrap, how can I reflash anything to get out of this?