DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberty 1.5 Toolbox: Does Not Download Themes

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Liberty 1.5 Toolbox: Does Not Download Themes

I have been at this all day today. I have tried countless times to download themes via the toolbox. Yesterday, theme files were being downloaded but clockwork indicated they were corrupt. Today I get a message that indicates that the theme is being down loaded and installed. Within a few seconds, the phone boots into clockwork and indicates the file does not exist. I have tried different themes, downloading from wifi, downloading with 3g and downloading right after rebooting. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Use a file manager to navigate to the liberty folder on your sd card. Delete the themes and redownload through the toolbox. Also be patient...it may take a little while.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxforyour7 View Post
    Use a file manager to navigate to the liberty folder on your sd card. Delete the themes and redownload through the toolbox. Also be patient...it may take a little while.

When I navigate to that folder it is empty. Im not sure what i am doing wrong. Is it normal for the tool box to not download a file but still initiate clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Team FreeMyMoto
    Member #
    Twitter
    Jaxidian
    Phone
    G1 -> DX -> Nook -> TBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Are you closing the toolbox while its still downloading? That would repeatedly corrupt it.

Support @FreeMyMoto
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X - just upgraded :)
    I'm not certain it would work, but you could delete your existing download subfile and make a new one to see if that fixes your issue. But yeah if your backing out of the toolbox prior to the theme being downloaded it will corrupt the file.

Have you tried rebooting into cwm and wiping the cache? You could also try wiping the dalvik cache (note if you wipe the dalvik cache you will have a longer boot time so don't freak out)

There is no try, only do or do not -
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    Are you closing the toolbox while its still downloading? That would repeatedly corrupt it.

Nope. I click the theme, it indicates its starting to download, the phone boots into recovery automatically, then clockwork indicates that the file doesn't exist. The only interaction I have is clicking on the theme to download it.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by CD95YJ View Post
    I'm not certain it would work, but you could delete your existing download subfile and make a new one to see if that fixes your issue. But yeah if your backing out of the toolbox prior to the theme being downloaded it will corrupt the file.

Have you tried rebooting into cwm and wiping the cache? You could also try wiping the dalvik cache (note if you wipe the dalvik cache you will have a longer boot time so don't freak out)

Cleared both caches. Renamed the liberty folder on my sd card. I turned off my over clock and under volt. Same exact thing. I can not download/install themes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One,Note 3, GNexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alershka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CD95YJ View Post

Cleared both caches. Renamed the liberty folder on my sd card. I turned off my over clock and under volt. Same exact thing. I can not download/install themes.
    I was having some problems with mine also , i was getting a lots of FC's and some of the stuff in the toolbox wasn't working all i did was flash the rom again over the one i had no wipe no nothing and if you had a theme just flash the theme again . Mine is good now after i did that , if you are still having problems after that just uninstall the tool box and go into the market and download the one from there .
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    I was having some problems with mine also , i was getting a lots of FC's and some of the stuff in the toolbox wasn't working all i did was flash the rom again over the one i had no wipe no nothing and if you had a theme just flash the theme again . Mine is good now after i did that , if you are still having problems after that just uninstall the tool box and go into the market and download the one from there .
    Ok, I tried deleting the toolbox and reinstalling. That didn't work. I then reinstalled 1.5 over top. Progress! The theme download actually lasted longer than a few seconds. I waited 5 minutes, then my phone rebooted into clockwork. The theme installed. So it appears to be fixed.

Thank you everyone for your help with this. Next time I have strangeness, I will reinstall the rom.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One,Note 3, GNexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alershka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Ok, I tried deleting the toolbox and reinstalling. That didn't work. I then reinstalled 1.5 over top. Progress! The theme download actually lasted longer than a few seconds. I waited 5 minutes, then my phone rebooted into clockwork. The theme installed. So it appears to be fixed.

Thank you everyone for your help with this. Next time I have strangeness, I will reinstall the rom.
    You welcome man everyone needs help at some point , glad you got it fixed .
    Last edited by jawonder; 02-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links