DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Camcorder problem on liberty

  1. Junior Droid
    sgill7's Avatar
    Member #
    123313
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Camcorder problem on liberty

    Everytime I try to use the camcorder it force closes. whether Im using the stock version or the blur version it wont work is this a problem with anyone else?? Everything else works great for me though
  2. Master Droid
    Shelooga's Avatar
    Member #
    51466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Flyers Country
    Posts
    336
    Phone
    D generation X
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sgill7 View Post
    Everytime I try to use the camcorder it force closes. whether Im using the stock version or the blur version it wont work is this a problem with anyone else?? Everything else works great for me though

    haven't had that problem my self, but try a few things. One, fix permissions and reboot. Two, try setting fix permission and zip align apks on boot in the Liberty settings. Three, if it isn't there, move the camera.apk to your system files. If this doesn't work I'm sorry I couldn't help. or the old uninstall reinstall the rom
    Thunderbolt here
    X passed to Jess
    Droid also here but retired after hard miles to the land of experimentation and mutilation
  3. Junior Droid
    sgill7's Avatar
    Member #
    123313
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelooga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgill7 View Post
    Everytime I try to use the camcorder it force closes. whether Im using the stock version or the blur version it wont work is this a problem with anyone else?? Everything else works great for me though

    haven't had that problem my self, but try a few things. One, fix permissions and reboot. Two, try setting fix permission and zip align apks on boot in the Liberty settings. Three, if it isn't there, move the camera.apk to your system files. If this doesn't work I'm sorry I couldn't help. or the old uninstall reinstall the rom
    that did it thanks man!!!
  4. Master Droid
    Shelooga's Avatar
    Member #
    51466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Flyers Country
    Posts
    336
    Phone
    D generation X
    #4
    No problem happy to help. This rom has 100 ways to fix itself
    Thunderbolt here
    X passed to Jess
    Droid also here but retired after hard miles to the land of experimentation and mutilation
  5. Droid Newbie
    FailMods's Avatar
    Member #
    161087
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    I am having the same issues and when i take a picture it comes up blank in the gallery. I did fix permissions, zipalign apks, and reinstall the rom but still having the same issues. Any suggestions?
  6. Master Droid
    Shelooga's Avatar
    Member #
    51466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Flyers Country
    Posts
    336
    Phone
    D generation X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FailMods View Post
    I am having the same issues and when i take a picture it comes up blank in the gallery. I did fix permissions, zipalign apks, and reinstall the rom but still having the same issues. Any suggestions?
    Did you also set in liberty settings to zip align on boot and fix permissions on boot? And also make sure the camera.apk is in system/app not data/app. I find moving apks to the system fixes issues. Can't explain why though. Hmmmm.. Other than that... I'm not sure what would cause issues
    Thunderbolt here
    X passed to Jess
    Droid also here but retired after hard miles to the land of experimentation and mutilation
  7. Junior Droid
    homeeey's Avatar
    Member #
    71000
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    moto droid
    #7
    Try using the blur gallery if you are using the blur camera. IMO AOSP gallery doesn't always work so good with the blur camera
  8. Droid Newbie
    FailMods's Avatar
    Member #
    161087
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    I did zipalign and fix permissions on boot. Also checked and camera.apk is in system/app. but still the same issues. I dont belive i am using the blur camera(mine has a black border around it with pop up settings).
  9. Junior Droid
    holyap0c's Avatar
    Member #
    164631
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droidx
    #9
    Im also having the same problem. Try to take a picture but then it doesn't save, camcorder force closes upon use.. etc

    I found the fix permissions option in Liberty Settings but i couldn't find the option to permissions and zipalign on boot.. where is that option located?
    Also already checked that the camera.apk was in the system/app directory. Just trying to exhaust all options before a flash to stock and a reflash of Liberty.
  10. Master Droid
    Shelooga's Avatar
    Member #
    51466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Flyers Country
    Posts
    336
    Phone
    D generation X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by holyap0c View Post
    Im also having the same problem. Try to take a picture but then it doesn't save, camcorder force closes upon use.. etc

    I found the fix permissions option in Liberty Settings but i couldn't find the option to permissions and zipalign on boot.. where is that option located?
    Also already checked that the camera.apk was in the system/app directory. Just trying to exhaust all options before a flash to stock and a reflash of Liberty.


    its not in the liberty toolbox, its under settings/liberty settings, towards the very bottom
    Thunderbolt here
    X passed to Jess
    Droid also here but retired after hard miles to the land of experimentation and mutilation
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid X Camcorder Problem
    By DynoPlast in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
  2. What Launcher to use with Liberty? Or which do you use?
    By Lib_tech in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
  3. Help with Liberty
    By BMcAllister in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
  4. Swype problem on Liberty
    By chessnut in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 10:04 AM
  5. Help! HTC incredible camcorder problem!
    By Spoken8 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 02:24 AM

Search tags for this page

camcorder for coms201 liberty
,
camera doesnt work on libert rom
,
liberty .8 camera not working
,
liberty 3 camera not initializing
,

liberty camcorder force close

,
liberty camera broken
,
liberty os 0.9 camera problem
,
liberty rom broken camera wont work
,
liberty rom camcorder app
,
my stock camcorder wont work and force closes
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+