DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3G issues with 2.0.1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I am beginning to wonder about this myself. I have been on Gingerbread for awhile now, but I notice 3G issues. I can run Subsonic all day long with very few problems when I am on the road, but if I try to fire something up like Netflix, it will work splendidly for a few episodes and then it just bombs on me. I will back out to the home screen and see one of two things: my 3G symbol turns to 1X, or the 3G symbol is grey and showing no activity (unlike its usual blue color...)

Makes me wonder if perhaps Verizon is indeed throttling our data when we use it a lot. Again, just a theory, and I could be way off, but I can't think of any other reason. It seems to happen most when I am using a lot of data (like streaming Netflix).
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by breachless View Post
    I am beginning to wonder about this myself. I have been on Gingerbread for awhile now, but I notice 3G issues. I can run Subsonic all day long with very few problems when I am on the road, but if I try to fire something up like Netflix, it will work splendidly for a few episodes and then it just bombs on me. I will back out to the home screen and see one of two things: my 3G symbol turns to 1X, or the 3G symbol is grey and showing no activity (unlike its usual blue color...)

Makes me wonder if perhaps Verizon is indeed throttling our data when we use it a lot. Again, just a theory, and I could be way off, but I can't think of any other reason. It seems to happen most when I am using a lot of data (like streaming Netflix).
    thing is I dont use a lot. I dont stream or anything. I surf the net and email.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I have the same issue. Generally putting it in airplane mode and back fixes it. Sometime I do have to reboot. Ive also noticed the browser has started to act up a bit and maybe more ads. Not positive about that ads.
    How long do you put in airplane mode to be effective? I've tried a couple minutes and it wouldn't work. I figured if I had to wait longer, it could already be done rebooting. I'm curious to hear your experiences.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

credit: Koveleski
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwagmire View Post
    I have the same issue. Generally putting it in airplane mode and back fixes it. Sometime I do have to reboot. Ive also noticed the browser has started to act up a bit and maybe more ads. Not positive about that ads.
    How long do you put in airplane mode to be effective? I've tried a couple minutes and it wouldn't work. I figured if I had to wait longer, it could already be done rebooting. I'm curious to hear your experiences.

I just turn it off and then back on, so no time at all really. If that doesnt work I reboot.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwagmire View Post

I just turn it off and then back on, so no time at all really. If that doesnt work I reboot.
    Hmmm, yeah, on and off never worked for me. I guess I need to wipe and reflash. It happened again earlier this morning.

credit: Koveleski
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Add the the list, my phone learned a new trick yesterday. I was using the Navigator and it kept dropping GPS. Id exit out of the navagation and go back in and be ok for about 5 minutes and lose GPS again. Airplane mode did not work, had to reboot and all was fine. Im gonna reflash and restore
    Last edited by loki993; 06-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links