DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Tweaked Stock Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    Can't wait to see some themes for lgb on the d2!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7
    Well, I wouldn't quite qulify myself as a themer, but I know my way around UOT Kitchen. I have been using some themes from Mobile Sensei for D2/DX, but every time I update I have som much work to redo, i just decided to embrace the Black and Gold, and tweak certain aspects.

You should check out mobile sensei's forum section he has smoe great themes, that do work for the D2LGB.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

K.C. Cole
    Android Ninja

2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Really? I thought there were no themes available for lgb v0.7 on d2.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7
    Ldopa
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    a backup would be recommended before trying those themes out.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    The only thing I've found wrong is in some apps there are areas of background that show up as just a blank black box.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Is the ROM for Liberty on Froyo still available? I'm not sure that I want to upgrade to 2.3.3 until we get an actual OTA or SBF.

If, for example, I do install the GB leak and need to SBF at some point, would I simply flash the 2.3.2 SBF as before? I remember that flashing 2.2.2 after upgrading to 2.3.2 resulted in bricked phones, but since the GB leak isn't an actual SBF, perhaps this would not be the case?

I just like having a backup plan beforehand in case something ****s up.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @asrmatt
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by duck on quack View Post
    Is the ROM for Liberty on Froyo still available? I'm not sure that I want to upgrade to 2.3.3 until we get an actual OTA or SBF.

If, for example, I do install the GB leak and need to SBF at some point, would I simply flash the 2.3.2 SBF as before? I remember that flashing 2.2.2 after upgrading to 2.3.2 resulted in bricked phones, but since the GB leak isn't an actual SBF, perhaps this would not be the case?

I just like having a backup plan beforehand in case something ****s up.
    I started on Liberty 2.0.1 Froyo, did the monster GB leak flash, then flashed Zombiestomped to try it out. I went from that and did an SBF back to stock Froyo. I then went to monster GB again, flashed Liberty GB .04, then did ANOTHER SBF back to Froyo. Now I am on Liberty .05 and had no real issues.

I hope this helps to ease your worries a bit. Just do Nandroid backups and you won't have to worry if you get stuck. Of course as always this is just my experience and cannot be responsible for bricked phones, missing booty calls, or angry spouses who want you to pay more attention to them than your phone.

Good Luck!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola R2Droid2

List of bugs & other things to report:

Preface this with saying that I've used Liberty before but can't remember why I left. I think there was 1 thing that was a dealbreaker and I just can't remember what it was. Obviously a lot of work and development has happened since then. The options and look of the ROM are great. But..

GB task manager missing for some reason??? Weird omission.

I'm a fairly knowledgeable guy on this topic. If you can't change the color of the 3g icon that stinks. If it is editable, than that setting is way too burried. As well as changing the shadow liberty image at the unlock screen.

bugs:

Wifi - Anyone who's ever had a DX or messed with one early on remember that bug where you could not use wifi at all? I'm wondering what files they used here to build this Liberty ROM because when I try to get on wifi with my D2 with this ROM it does the same loop "scanning, disconnected" that the DX did early on.

Editing pull down menu text. - first change took 5 reboots to make it stick. the next time I tried to change it, my phone was stuck in a permanent Airplane Mode that I could not get out of.

Missing calls now and frustrated. going to try and find a D2 ROM that is Blur'less if I can help it.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I would do a fresh install without wiping first. I don't have any of those issues. Granted, there are a few minor bugs, but that's your phone, not liberty gb. There is a bugs thread around. I would list these issues there. Hopefully the devs can address them. You can also send a logcat to libertydevs@gmail.com

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict
    Ldopa
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola R2Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    I would do a fresh install without wiping first. I don't have any of those issues. Granted, there are a few minor bugs, but that's your phone, not liberty gb. There is a bugs thread around. I would list these issues there. Hopefully the devs can address them. You can also send a logcat to libertydevs@gmail.com

I'm perfectly willing to accept it is my phone, or my phone not accepting the ROM or whatever. But, it was working perfectly on the deodexed leaked D2 GB ROM that came out a few weeks ago.

I did a wipe, and installed Liberty just like the instructions said. Let's not rule out it could be a Liberty issue just because we love it..
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Of course not! I love it but I still have my objectivity. I just haven't seen some of the bugs you mentioned, reported by other users in the bugs thread, that's all. Believe me, I have my share of idiosyncratic issues with liberty. My point was that many of those issues disappeared with a fresh install without wiping.

Ldopa
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links