If you have any cool tips and/or tricks for the D2/DX, which you won't see in the manual or discussed anywhere, then post them here.
Here's one I found out 2 days ago, thanks to mobile_sensei.
Better Phone Call Quality:
- Dial ##7764726
- Enter password: 000000 (this is 6 0's for D2, enter 7 0's for DX)
- Scroll down and click on Vocode
- Click on EVRC-B
- Exit out of that. Your phone will restart. You will now have better phone call quality.
Most of you may already know this but this is a useful, quick method to quickly reboot your phone. This is for the D2 only since the DX has no physical hard keyboard.
- On keyboard, press Shift+Alt+Del (phone will now reboot/restart)
Controlling The Gallery From Picking Up Every Pictures
If you don't like how the Gallery picks up every picture, on your SD Card and elsewhere, there is a way to prevent the Gallery from doing that and only showing the pictures you want it to pick up. This is also useful if you have other people looking at your phone and do not want them to see personal/private pictures (especially explicit ones).
- Use Astro File Manager (Adao, Root Explorer, ES and others will work too) to view these files/folders
Side note: May be quicker for you to do this by plugging USB into your phone and to your laptop/PC so you can go through everything on your PC/laptop.
- Create a new folder, or additional folders, and separate your pictures and put them in the respective folder(s). Viewable ones like Pictures, non-viewable ones like Private, and any others in different folders you have created for them.
- For pictures you do not want Gallery to pick up, change that folder name to .nomedia
- For pictures you want Gallery to pick up, leave the folder name as it is
Side note: You can create as many folders as you want and control what can or cannot be picked up by your Gallery. I also would recommend that you keep all the pictures, that you do not want showing up in the Gallery, all in the Private folder that will be inside the .nomedia folder. Check example below:
Folder name: .nomedia
Folders inside .nomedia: PrivatePics1 (folder), PrivatePics2 (folder), PrivatePics3 (folder)
Side note: You don't have to name it Private, or PrivatePics1. It is just an example. But you will need to make sure the primary folder is named .nomedia in order to hide the content from the Gallery. You can name your folders, inside .nomedia, to anything you want to so you know which folder(s) contain what content(s).
Please feel free to add more tips and tricks to this thread. Just make sure it is something useful and we can benefit from. Adding dangerous methods, tips and tricks should not be added to this unless you have a very good tutorial for it that will be brick-proof, or damage-proof. I'll add more as I go.