DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Changing Boot Animation from Liberty.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Changing Boot Animation from Liberty.

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
    That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
    I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
    If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.
  2. SliceThemez Theme Creator
    Member #
    Twitter
    bassdjdroid
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranos View Post
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
    That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
    I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
    If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.
    use the jrummy app bootlogo changer in the market. it has the droid 2 boot logo

Add me on Google+ (Brandon Kassab)
    Don't forget to visit www.slicethemez.com!
    For support, questions, and general feedback, feel free to email me at bassdjdroid@gmail.com
    Slice themes:
    ArcticSlice (GB), OreoSlice (GB)
    LimeSlice, OrangeSlice

If you like my work, please consider donating!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If this is still not resolved I'm pretty sure you use root explorer and change the bootanimation.zip folder which is located in the /data/local folder. That worked for me.

Sent from my Liberated&Honeycombed D2
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Here's the stock D2 boot animation. I needed it too since my camera isn't working so I'm taking it to Verizon. Found it with a quick search, it was on these forums. Works fine, just move to Data/Local in Root Explorer.
    Attached Files
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    Is there a way besides using root explorer??? Like a free app?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Liberty toolbox. I don't think you need liberty to use that portion of the app.its in the market

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidMakesPwn View Post
    Liberty toolbox. I don't think you need liberty to use that portion of the app.its in the market

Liberty Toolbox just changes the boot logo, not the animation.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    If you have your own animation you can have liberty toolbox place it in the correct folder for you...
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    How do I let the Liberty Toolbox do it for me

Links