I want to make the background white and the text dark, more specifically i want to make it look exactly like the notifications list from the status bar pulldown. My hope is to do this with all the apps with the inverted colors. This is what i've been doing so far, and the colors remain completely unchanged:
1. pull framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ folder of the Liberty Rom
2. pull Settings.apk from /system/app/ of Liberty Rom
3. in a terminal: apktool if ./framework-res.apk
4. apktool d ./Settings.apk ./Settings (No errors are displayed)
5. Change the 'application android:theme="@android:style/Theme"' on line 50 of AndroidManifest.xml to 'application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Light"'
6. in a terminal: cp Settings.apk Settings.apk.bak; rm Settings.apk
7. apktool b ./Settings ./Settings.apk (no errors displayed, but several warnings about missing spanish translations in strings)
8. adb push ./Settings.apk /mnt/sdcard-ext/Settings.apk
9. start adb shell, issue 'su' command and then on my phone, use the Scripts Manager in Rom Toolbox to mount system as Read/Write
10. in adb shell: cp /mnt/sdcard-ext/Settings.apk /system/app/Settings.apk
11. open Settings.apk and note that it is not using the Theme.Light style.
12. pull the Settings.apk file again and decode with apktool, confirm that the change in step 5. is present
At this point i'm stumped. I really love this rom but i'm not a fan of dark themes and wish to modify it for my own personal use. If anyone can offer any advice I'd really appreciate it.