DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: SD Card Issues

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum

SD Card Issues

I want to like this phone, I really do, but I am having a serious issue with being able to access files from the SD card. I added a lot of music files the day I got the phone and after I disconnected from my PC, the phone said it was "scanning SD card for media files" and it wouldn't stop, and it would not allow me to access any of the files on the card. I let it run overnight, still no luck. The next day I reconnected to my PC and deleted all files, and this time added them inj blocks. After each block, I would disconnect from the computer and the phone would scan the files and then it would be OK. I did this in three or four blocks and was able to get all my music files on the phone and working.

That night, I shut down the phone and the next morning when I rebooted, the Scanning SD card media files started again and wouldn't stop. So it appears I won't be able to use the phone to listen to music, which is a significant thing for me as I prefer not to have to carry around more than one device. I was using an HTC Thunderbolt and was generally happy with it, and will go back to it if I have to. Has anyone else seen this problem?

3. jet
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum
    No, but I only have 1.4 GB of music (about 350 songs). Have you tried a different card, like the one from the Thunderbolt?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum
    I might, but it doesn't seem like it would be the SD card.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    -
    sigh, as someone debating getting spectrum or rezound, this is just the news I didn't want to hear. whichever phone will be my 1st smartphone. my current phone is the LG ENV3, which pretty much has the same problem. It will often randomly tell me that there's no music or pictures on the SD Card. Rebooting the phone will solve this. But when I've heard that LG makes buggy smartphones, and this problem persists from my old phone, it's concerning.
    Last edited by Ferve; 02-17-2012 at 01:37 AM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum
    I figured out what the problem was. Software I use to convert music files inserted a file into the folders where the songs sit that I didn't realize was there. I went through and removed all of those files, and when I disconnected the phone from my PC, it scanned the files and briefly and then finished. Everything works fine now, so it wasn't an issue with the phone, it was user error.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki17 View Post
    I figured out what the problem was. Software I use to convert music files inserted a file into the folders where the songs sit that I didn't realize was there. I went through and removed all of those files, and when I disconnected the phone from my PC, it scanned the files and briefly and then finished. Everything works fine now, so it wasn't an issue with the phone, it was user error.
    That's how its going to be with the Spectrum. It is a mostly solid device with the best display on the market. LG's reputation though will mean little community support. This will result in the few bumps out there needing to be figured out by the individual owner. I think the Spectrum is a great device, but not one for the faint of heart.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Double post sorry.
    Last edited by t35rk; 02-17-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Links