Disclaimer: Rooting your device will void it's warranty and also, DroidForums.net or myself is not responsible if you break your phone while using this root method. Please proceed at your own risk.
Download exploit here
Droid Network Mirror
1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat". If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "./run.sh".
6. Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.
As always, future OTA updates may remove the ability to regain root access, so proceed with caution when updating. Enjoy!
Congratulations! Your LG Spectrum 2 should now be rooted!