DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Working CWM Recovery!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3

Working CWM Recovery!!!

I found a working CWM recovery with no screen issue. This is LTE2 Recovery by 985hPaKicK. It is version 2 by him. It is running CWM 5.5.0.4. I am seeing the backup that I made with the recovery apk that I posted earlier. The next step to find out how similar the LTE2 hardware is. If it is using the same setup for the partition, I will try my hardest to build CM10 from 985hPaKicK's github page.

CWM Recovery

This is where I found the recovery.
    Last edited by asianflavor; 01-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    micrors4 and Wolfram74 like this.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum2 VS930
    Thanks asianflavor

I've been following your posts, didn't get backup to work yesterday, however working fine now. Can't wait for CM10 for this awesome phone.

Art
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    I finally have some free time today so I going to research the some ROMs that are created for the LTE2 to see if it's an easy port or if we could just load it up since this is a global phone.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    Finally got my build box working but having an issue repo init 985hPaKicK's git. Cannot find manifest.xml. Not sure how to go about getting that. Again, not a ROM dev by any means. But looking around with comparisons for the LTE2 and Spec 2, the RIL code should be compatible. I'm not sure if any LTE2 would brick the Spec 2 due to different partition sizing. I think our phone would work with any V10N ROMs. I found CM10, AOKP, and MIUI for the V10N. I have no problems flashing the phone withe one of these but I would feel better if we could get better eyes on this. I will most likely take the plunge and flash one these ROMS but I want to make sure I don't have a perm brick due to wrong partition size format from a LTE2 ROM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum2 VS930

Backup

I don't blame you for being careful. Mine is a work phone, so bricking would not be good, soft brick OK just not dead.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    I have a CM10 ROM downloaded. I going to open it and see if I found out more about it. I would flash it now to see what happens, but I am waiting for the bank to call me about my house loan. Here's the link for anyone to look at.

http://wikicafe.vn/index.php/ho-tro/...g-optimus-lte2
    Last edited by asianflavor; 01-09-2013 at 12:52 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    Here are our mount points for the partition. Looking at a LTE2 CM10 ROM updater script, they are matching. So question is, will their RIL and partitioning work on our Spec 2. There still would need work to change out the Korean IME to English. That is an easy change if I can pull the git.

Code:
    rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
    tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
    proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
    sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
    none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
    tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
    tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
    none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,resuid=1000,errors=continue,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,discard 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fotapkg /fotapkg ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sns /sns ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/drm /persist-lg ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mpt /mpt ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tombstones /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
    /dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    /dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
    Now I would really love to get a dev aboard on this. I am going to keep learning and figure all this out, but I have to watch out that I don't perma-brick my phone. I am waiting to buy a house and the banks have been calling for info. Also, need to tether this phone at work so I have something to do while I have downtime.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    We are so close to custom ROMs now, thank you so much Asianflavor for getting this working. How did you get this working, my Vietnamese is a little rusty and google translate is far from perfect. If I can get CWM working I will take the plunge and flash the ROM because if I do brick my phone I have insurance on it so I can just play dumb to get a new one like I did with my last phone.
    Last edited by micrors4; 01-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    asianflavor likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    We are so close to custom ROMs now, thank you so much Asianflavor for getting this working. How did you get this working, my Vietnamese is a little rusty and google translate is far from perfect. If I can get CWM working I will take the plunge and flash the ROM because if I do brick my phone I have insurance on it so I can just play dumb to get a new one like I did with my last phone.
    As much as I need be a 'hero' right now, I did not do anything. I found two new versions of the LTE2recovery files by 985hPaKick and luckily I found one that works. I am looking into the ROMs these Vietnamese and Korean have done. Love my asian brothers (I'm Japanese). The recovery is fully working with screen and all. From what I see in the ROMS that were created for the LTE2, there ROMs should work with our phone, albeit it maybe in Korean. What is not working for you? From the 2nd-init software, you just need to click 2nd-init Recovery then give it root. Then it will say success, click ok. Click on Reboot Recovery and you should reboot into CWM.

The CM10 that I was looking at earlier is here:
    From what I understand after looking at the update-script in the ROM, the \system partition matches what I found a couple of post ago. I would still feel better having a dev guide us through, but if you want to flash, good luck. As I said before, not a dev by definition, but I can read basic code. I'm still learning how to cook ROMs. I'm just glad that I found CWM for our phones.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    That was what I did but it just reboots back into android and when I open the app it will only let me uninstall CWM but it never allows me to reinstall it again no matter how many times I uninstall the app.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links