DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by asianflavor View Post
    And another failure. I have no clue what I'm missing. I need to read up some more on this. Probably going to load Ubuntu 10.04 and start over. The first attempt was building something. Hopefully I find a 4-leaf clover....atleast I kick some @$$ at BLOPS 2.
    Let me ask ya. So is what you are doing is basically a full version of ICS minus LG's part so it will be completely controllable and customizable?

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM˛
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Nice to see some progress being made on the phone, hopefully you can use some magic to make it work, it would be awesome if we had even stock ICS as I have grown tired of companies skinning android. Looks like you are off to a good start once you get the errors sorted out.
    asianflavor likes this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    I just want to see if I could stock ROM with this. From what I am seeing, this would be stock AOSP ICS for the phone. If it booted, I would add SU and other tweaks. Make it rooted vanilla base ROM and go from there. But I am learning as I go.

EDIT: Posted the same time as Micros... Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Eventho I have a ton of stuff to do at work tomorrow, I still get to everything. Love my job since no one bothers me and this is better than playing flash games all day.
    Last edited by asianflavor; 01-17-2013 at 09:41 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    I just want to see if I could stock ROM with this. From what I am seeing, this would be stock AOSP ICS for the phone. If it booted, I would add SU and other tweaks. Make it rooted vanilla base ROM and go from there. But I am learning as I go.

EDIT: Posted the same time as Micros... Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Eventho I have a ton of stuff to do at work tomorrow, I still get to everything. Love my job since no one bothers me and this is better than playing flash games all day.
    That's what I was thinking you where going for. Pre-rooted with the basic tools for operation installed..Superuser, Recovery, a root file browser etc.....Yes this will be awesome to get.

asianflavor likes this.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    No rush, this phone is pretty awesome as is, but a new ROM will just increase the fun factor of it. Your lucky no one bothers you at work so you can do this kinda stuff, I don't think I could ever get away with doing that.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    I love this phone. Still wouldn't mind to get a GS3 but the Spec 2 has motivated me to learn how to dev. Off-topic on my job. Get ready to be jealous. I have to ability to work from home if I choose to. I get to listen to my music and they gave me a I7 laptop with 8gb RAM. I threw a VM image of XP and have that tethered to my phone. I have an open, unmonitored internet connection all day long. I have two other machines that I use for work. I usually get my jobs done within 2-3 hours and do nothing but play games or watch movies.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    I actually also am able to work from school during the fall and spring semesters but usually go in a few times when I can, now if I can only talk them into buying me a new laptop it would be perfect, but I don't think they would go for that.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    Should be done with installing Ubuntu very shortly. Just doing on the updates now. Would of had this done earlier, but someone on my team didn't believe my ability to guess finish time for a project. Proved her wrong...hehe.

@miller, are you around today? Just wanted to know if there has been any progress.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Should be done with installing Ubuntu very shortly. Just doing on the updates now. Would of had this done earlier, but someone on my team didn't believe my ability to guess finish time for a project. Proved her wrong...hehe.

@miller, are you around today? Just wanted to know if there has been any progress.
    Hopefully this cures the errors.... If not maybe Miller can take a crack at what's happening.... I wish I knew how to help that's for sure.....

10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer

Re: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

I'm here. Had a long couples days out blowing off some steam... Recovering on the couch Still Lol.... I am going to start tearing into this shortly. See what I can get going for you guys.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Links