DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Same here, I use my phone pretty heavily and I still have about 50-70% battery life at the end of the day.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    No battery life issues though oddly I now have "skips" in my bt headphones during music playback that weren't present on ICS? Very odd. Anyone else?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarbandit View Post
    No battery life issues though oddly I now have "skips" in my bt headphones during music playback that weren't present on ICS? Very odd. Anyone else?

Scratch that must-have happened during the update. I wiped and reinstalled MP3 s and no skips

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    JB 4.1.2 UPDATE CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR SPECTRUM 2

Did you update to Spectrum 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 when it became available earlier in the month? Is it working perfectly? Well if that’s the case, you’re one of the lucky ones. It appears that a growing group of people are having issues with the Jelly Bean update. A tipster told Phone Arena that Verizon has received numerous complaints on the matter. People are having issues with dropped phone calls, widgets not updating, and apps not working at all.

Some Android apps that worked previously don't work with the new update and may need to be updated to correct this issue. Until this is done, I recommend trying a alternative Android applications.

HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES
    Go to >Settings >Developer Options and uncheck the "don't keep activities" box

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE
    Go to >Settings >General >About Phone >Software Update > Update Now, and follow the prompts.

FULL DETAILS OF THE LG SPECTRUM 2 JB 4.1.2 UPDATE

The update is a pretty sizable 449.9MB so it may take some time to download and install but it will bring Google Now, Notification Panel, Alarm Clock and more plus it’s also likely to include some Verizon fixes and changes.
    GOOGLE NOW
    Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day and know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work. Cards appear throughout the day automatically. Additionally, Google now is provided when selecting search on home screen. User can double tap the HW Home Key and add Google Now shortcut to lock screen.

NOTIFICATION PANEL
    Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls and share photos. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more. User will enjoy an added brightness control bar and label for “clear” button.

ALARM CLOCK
    Application link option is added for user’s alarm clock. User can select an app to auto-launch when user stops alarm. For example, if weather is selected, the user will be presented with Weather app screen when stops the alarm.User can set a music file as an alarm sound.

DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
    Weather application and widget have been updated
    NFC LG Tag+ help has been improved
    Brightness option has been moved to notification panel for global access
    Browser now loads Google account bookmarks
    Improved readability for email conversation
    Optimized Bluetooth® connect/disconnect and audio stream switching implementations
    User can back up contacts when the SIM is swapped to a new device
    Preloaded widgets including Social+, Today+, Finance, News and Power Control have been removed

Please Click "[✓Like]" If This Information was Helpful - Thanks!
    CLICK ON "THIS LINK" TO SEE MORE INFORMATION FOR THE NEW JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 UPDATE
    Last edited by xXxGeek; 05-16-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    JimiMack, Wolfram74 and Bozolini like this.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Battery life is terrible now, can barely get through a day when I use to be able to get through two on IC, don't really make calls often, but so far drops have not been an issue. Probably going back to IC because the battery life is just utter sh*t.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    Battery life is terrible now, can barely get through a day when I use to be able to get through two on IC, don't really make calls often, but so far drops have not been an issue. Probably going back to IC because the battery life is just utter sh*t.
    I don't spend much time on my phone so my battery life is usually about 70% at the end of the day. Wifi is on all day. You might try running "Clean Master" and make sure "Autokill" is on.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    I was on Facebook and came across an LG Spectrum 2 page that was using the original LG Spectrum as the profile and cover photo pics, and had no useful info about this phone SMH! Long story short giving are amazing phone a bad rep. So I made new one with a link to the LG Spectrum 2 main section of this site. This site to date is the most helpful for are phones and I wanted to get the word out. So if you guys use Facebook and can take the time to like the page that would be great. Page:https://www.facebook.com/LgSpectrum2?fref=ts
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2 VS930

Unhappy

I have a soft bricked phone (at least I think it is soft bricked). So after trying to figure out ROMs for my Spectrum 2 (first time), I somehow no longer have root, or any access to my mobile network, or even to wifi, but anything android still works. What happened is I had downloaded and installed the CWM given toward the beginning of this thread, and after hitting the 2nd-intl button, I restarted my phone. Upon restart, everything was gone, and the restart in recovery option did nothing through the CWM given. So now my phone is useless, except for my non web based apps (AKA useless). Any ideas as to what went wrong or what I could do to fix it? I would gladly appreciate a walk through to unbrick the phone (if that is even possible at this point).

Thanks!

Brennan
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ozozznozzy View Post
    I have a soft bricked phone (at least I think it is soft bricked). So after trying to figure out ROMs for my Spectrum 2 (first time), I somehow no longer have root, or any access to my mobile network, or even to wifi, but anything android still works. What happened is I had downloaded and installed the CWM given toward the beginning of this thread, and after hitting the 2nd-intl button, I restarted my phone. Upon restart, everything was gone, and the restart in recovery option did nothing through the CWM given. So now my phone is useless, except for my non web based apps (AKA useless). Any ideas as to what went wrong or what I could do to fix it? I would gladly appreciate a walk through to unbrick the phone (if that is even possible at this point).

Thanks!

Brennan
    you MUST use the new cwm for jelly bean here: Recovery for the Spectrum 2 (JELLY BEAN)

also there are NO working roms for the spectrum 2, just root using the new motochopper root method (the old method you for ics you probably used will NOT work for jb) and recovery. Root Jelly Bean (Spectrum 2)

you will have to use the lg recovery tool to restore to stock to unbrick. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36201-so-...0#entry1043166

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by mordant80; 06-02-2013 at 01:49 AM.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum Deux
    Thanks for everyone's hard work trying to get the boot loader to "spread its legs".
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Links