DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    OK. So I installed the lte2 recovery on my Spectrum 2. when I launch the app i get 2 choices: 2nd-init Recovery OR Reboot Recovery. I want to make an nandroid backup of my phone, so which option do i choose. Sorry guys, just a little wary as I tried to reboot into recovery one before using abd when the SP2 was connected to my PC.. Needless to say I bricked the phone and had to get a replacement sent out, and I don't wish to brick my phone again.

Thanks
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by agt7575 View Post
    OK. So I installed the lte2 recovery on my Spectrum 2. when I launch the app i get 2 choices: 2nd-init Recovery OR Reboot Recovery. I want to make an nandroid backup of my phone, so which option do i choose. Sorry guys, just a little wary as I tried to reboot into recovery one before using abd when the SP2 was connected to my PC.. Needless to say I bricked the phone and had to get a replacement sent out, and I don't wish to brick my phone again.

Thanks
    Install with the first option then reboot into recovery. Sounds like you tried to install a regular recovery the first time which won't work because of the locked bootloader. This one is fine to install since it uses 2nd init. Once installed with the app you have to use the app to reboot into recovery.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    There is a method for unbricking a soft bricked spectrum 2 that works very well and I have used it a 100 times to fix my phone after attempting to install custom ROMs, if you mess it up just follow the steps in the guide to fix the phone in the future so you don't have to send it in to be fixed or ask on the forum here and one of us should be able to help you fix it. The CWM mod we have is fully functional and you can do anything you would normally with it, we just don't have a way to permanently install hence the need for the app to reboot the phone into it.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Hope I am the right place ,just had my LG Spectrum2 a couple of weeks now and so far I am really happy with it. This is my first smartphone so it is all a bit new to me. Seems like some like to downplay this phone, but I think it is a lot of phone for the buck. Trying to decide if I should get another one for my wife or look at some of the others. What is the general consensus , is everyone pretty happy with their choice?

Thanks
    Steve
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    So far it is still a solid phone IMO, it has held up well over the last few months and is a solid choice for the money.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Steve I have to agree, it is a solid phone and I am sure it will do your wife fine. I have had mine for several months and I am more impressed with this phone than I have been with better higher end units.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Actually, this phone has pretty much the same exact specs as the High UP PHones, save for the HTC Droid DNA.

Less memory than the S3 and smaller battery than the RM HD. Those two differences aside, the other specs are the same. I think it plain out looks better than the S3 and Maxx HD, same proc. than both, and better screen than both.

I'd say its just as good or even better.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic / LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by smkunder View Post
    Hope I am the right place ,just had my LG Spectrum2 a couple of weeks now and so far I am really happy with it. This is my first smartphone so it is all a bit new to me. Seems like some like to downplay this phone, but I think it is a lot of phone for the buck. Trying to decide if I should get another one for my wife or look at some of the others. What is the general consensus , is everyone pretty happy with their choice?

Thanks
    Steve

Well if you're new to smartphones it's PERFECT! Simple UI, doesn't contain as much bloatware as other phones and it looks slick out of the box. Now if you were into custom ROMs and things of that nature I would tell you to look elsewhere but really this phone is smooth. It runs better than my Bionic that is pretty much only equipped with the bare essentials to run. The one thing that does kinda suck about LG phones is they don't care too much about upgrading there devices once they put them out. My Bionic will be on jelly bean before my spectrum 2 unfortunately.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2 VS930
    Quote Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
    $42.00 is not really bad. Imagine what Verizon would get for the same repair.
    Got the phone back from LG last week. Instead of replacing the cracked screen, they just sent me a replacement phone. Pretty happy with experience overall, although I still think broken screens should be covered under warranty, or at least some consideration should be given. Still good to have the phone again.

Fair warning to all: get a cover of some sort and be careful with your phone. Gorilla Glass 2 appears to be a step backward from the original Gorilla Glass. In an effort to make phones a little more responsive, Corning made the glass a little thinner and they went to far, making the glass too brittle and weak for 4.5-5" screens. My old phone was a Samsung Fascinate and I dropped the thing many time and never had any issues at all.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Can you imagine the cost for a company to replace every phone for free that had a broken screen? I have a hard time believing that a phones screen would just shatter randomly so I understand why a company would charge to replace it, but $42 is pretty cheap. Apple would probably go out of business if they replaced every phone that had a cracked screen for free, just about every person that has owned an IPhone has cracked a display at least once.
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Links