DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    It seems like phones development is starting to get to a point where it is more about the spec sheet than anything else, there isn't the same speed jump from a dual core to quad core like there was going from single to dual, and the difference between 1080p displays and 720p is so little at this point because the screens are so small and already incredibly dense. The only thing they have left to develop is the camera and it seems the only company to do anything extraordinary is Nokia with the 808's camera, but even that right now is pointless because even if your phone could record 4K video you would still have nothing to play it on although 41mp images are pretty sweet with just a single click of a button.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    I have my Spectrum 2 rooted, and I am aware that there is no way to unlock the bootloader at this time, so my question is: How do I create a complete nandroid backup of my phone w/o being able to use CWM recovery or any other recovery type program like you would do if he phone's bootloader was unlocked? If there a way, or am I limited to just backing up my apps using Titanium Backup or similar program?

Thanks
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    I tried to root but failed I think. with the links to the rooting script gone and I had one dled, it said press enter to root phone and I did so..... said daemon not running....starting daemon... daemon successfully started then..... nothing happened. Tried several times. help! lol.

Never mind. Rooted now. Didn't switch to internet USB as guide was down and apparently back up this am: ) now I have titanium backup but what do I need to remove apps in accordance with the guide
    Last edited by lonestarbandit; 03-24-2013 at 09:58 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by agt7575 View Post
    I have my Spectrum 2 rooted, and I am aware that there is no way to unlock the bootloader at this time, so my question is: How do I create a complete nandroid backup of my phone w/o being able to use CWM recovery or any other recovery type program like you would do if he phone's bootloader was unlocked? If there a way, or am I limited to just backing up my apps using Titanium Backup or similar program?

Thanks
    Go back to Post# 21 by AsianFlavor. He has a link to LTE2Recovery.Zip. This will allow you to make a nandroid, but remember if you have to do a full reset via the CAB file, you will need to root again first then install LTE2Recovery again and then you can flash the saved nandroid.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarbandit View Post
    I tried to root but failed I think. with the links to the rooting script gone and I had one dled, it said press enter to root phone and I did so..... said daemon not running....starting daemon... daemon successfully started then..... nothing happened. Tried several times. help! lol.

Never mind. Rooted now. Didn't switch to internet USB as guide was down and apparently back up this am: ) now I have titanium backup but what do I need to remove apps in accordance with the guide
    Follow XXXGeek guide in Post#2, it will explain and show what you can and can not do.

Spectrum 2 Forum? - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    We have a working CWM, I'm guessing you missed that whole thread titled Working CWM
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    That is the same recovery under "Working CWM" as well. But yes I did miss it.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    We have a working CWM, I'm guessing you missed that whole thread titled Working CWM
    A working CWM for the Spectrum 2? I know there is one for the original spectrum, but was not aware of one for the Spectrum 2 all considering that the bootloader is locked and no one has come up with an unlock method.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by agt7575 View Post
    A working CWM for the Spectrum 2? I know there is one for the original spectrum, but was not aware of one for the Spectrum 2 all considering that the bootloader is locked and no one has come up with an unlock method.
    It a basic CWM, you can reflash your own saved rom from it but not flash any type of custom roms, kernels etc... because of the bootloader being locked down. I have not had the guts yet to try to flash say a Google Now zip file and see if that works.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
    It a basic CWM, you can reflash your own saved rom from it but not flash any type of custom roms, kernels etc... because of the bootloader being locked down. I have not had the guts yet to try to flash say a Google Now zip file and see if that works.
    I tried using gnowhandlebars app and the gnowhandlebars script for CWM. Neither of them mess up the phone, but neither of them installed Google Now either. If anyone has any luck getting it please post.
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Links