DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Well my spectrum 2 now refuses to turn on at all and doesn't respond to the charger.... I didn't really do anything that could break it and I have insurance. The problem is that its rooted....Will that matter to Asurion?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer

Re: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Diecastdonkey View Post
    Well my spectrum 2 now refuses to turn on at all and doesn't respond to the charger.... I didn't really do anything that could break it and I have insurance. The problem is that its rooted....Will that matter to Asurion?
    Not generally... Do you have a way to try another battery? Or did you try a battery pull?

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Well I plugged the charger into the same extension cord as my nexus 7 charger. The screen went entirely blue so I pulled the battery and rebooted and it worked for a while then just died. I don't have another battery to try but it really won't respond to anything at all. I think I sorta fried it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Did it just happen out of the blue or did it act weird at all before it? Have you tried booting it while holding the volume keys to see if you might be able to restore it?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    Did it just happen out of the blue or did it act weird at all before it? Have you tried booting it while holding the volume keys to see if you might be able to restore it?
    It kept freezing and needing a reboot after plugging it in....I think I had to reboot 4 times then it worked fine for a couple hours then just stopped. I've tried every button combo that I've ever learned, including the download mode. My computer doesn't see it and it doesn't even attempt to turn on. I've never seen a phone this dead
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2 VS930
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    Does the screen still work?
    The crack was across the screen just above the main function buttons. Everything above the crack still works, but nothing below works. The phone is essentially bricked.

In looking at the LG warranty, the screen should be covered. Anything resulting from abuse isn't covered, but there are no signs of abuse on this case. I have to say that LG gets high marks for customer service. Really good phone support, although I'm doubtful they will fix a broken phone. I sent it to them along with a copy of the warranty and some info showing that a lot of people are having problems with random cracks in Gorilla Glass 2 screens. From what I can tell, Gorilla Glass 2 is a step backward in terms of durability.
    Last edited by puckerfactor; 03-08-2013 at 11:54 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2 VS930
    Quote Originally Posted by Diecastdonkey View Post
    Well I plugged the charger into the same extension cord as my nexus 7 charger. The screen went entirely blue so I pulled the battery and rebooted and it worked for a while then just died. I don't have another battery to try but it really won't respond to anything at all. I think I sorta fried it.
    Sounds like a power surge. Did you check the voltage on the Nexus 7 charger. Should be 5V like all other USB connections, but you never know....
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2 VS930
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrunky View Post
    So this forum looks to be the most active for the Spectrum 2. Seems there aren't many people with this phone so far. And there might never be, since the S4 is coming out, S3 prices will drop and many people will probably take that one over this one.
    Yeah, you're probably right. LG has some new models coming too. I picked this phone over the S3 for a couple of reasons. I use my phone outside a lot, and this has a much brighter display. I find the S3 to be really slippery, so a case would be a must. This phone has good texture on the back cover, so it's easy to hang on to. From what I can tell, I think the call quality is bit better than the S3 as well. The things I wish it had were a little better camera and the latest version of the Android OS.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by puckerfactor View Post
    Sounds like a power surge. Did you check the voltage on the Nexus 7 charger. Should be 5V like all other USB connections, but you never know....
    The nexus charger is 5V. I think I caused somewhat of a 'perfect storm' when I was simultaneously charging two things at once over a crappy extension cord and using a cheap charger. Whoops! I don't believe I need to worry about being rooted because I can't see Asurion trying to fix this one. I've also heard they reflash the OS on every phone that comes in.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrunky View Post
    Just got a Spectrum 2 two weeks ago. The first one had to be returned to the store because overnight, while it was sitting there charging, the accelerometer stopped working for no apparent reason. Personnel at the store couldn't fix it so they gave me a new one.

I'm coming from years with Blackberry so I don't have anything to compare this phone to. The phone is quite advanced to me. Especially the Android concept of not manually "closing" apps. Taking me a little while to get used to that.

The only problems I see so far are, first, lack of a decent notification light (the blue power-button light blows). Also, the power button itself after two weeks of use barely protrudes from the case anymore and is somewhat difficult to press. May have to glue a small piece of plastic to it to "lengthen" it. Also the external speaker isn't very loud. I'm hesitant to root the device because I use it primarily for work and absolutely need it to work.

But these are fairly minor negative points. I had my Blackberry (Tour) for almost 4 years and that was the glitchiest damn thing ever. Toward the end it was literally held together with tape. I didn't want to replace it because RIM hadn't made a real phone advancement from 2009-2013, and BB10 came too late for me. We'll see how this phone holds up in comparison.

So this forum looks to be the most active for the Spectrum 2. Seems there aren't many people with this phone so far. And there might never be, since the S4 is coming out, S3 prices will drop and many people will probably take that one over this one.
    Hmm haven't had the power button issue it's been two weeks, mine seems just fine and also I found my speakers to be pretty decent in sound while playing music and especially with playing Modern Combat 4 Zero Hour . And you are right most people have the Iphone 5, GS3,SG Note 2, or the Motorola Razr HD. I like that though it makes this phone more unique to have and I feel like this phone has one of the best 720p HD screens out. Compared to my moms Razor HD screen the LG Spectrum 2 blows it out the water!

Quote Originally Posted by puckerfactor View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. LG has some new models coming too. I picked this phone over the S3 for a couple of reasons. I use my phone outside a lot, and this has a much brighter display. I find the S3 to be really slippery, so a case would be a must. This phone has good texture on the back cover, so it's easy to hang on to. From what I can tell, I think the call quality is bit better than the S3 as well. The things I wish it had were a little better camera and the latest version of the Android OS.
    Ya you are right the camera could be better but I found taking pictures in HDR mode gave me the best results. Also there is app called FxCamera that improves the quality of pictures if you want to check that out.
    Last edited by Viper89; 03-09-2013 at 01:08 AM.
    TrdLtly likes this.
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Links