DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Note 3
    Sorry guys.. no good news yet. I need to call it for the night since the wife is getting super pissed now that I am in my dungeon.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I have another link IF someone wants to try it... If not we can get back at it tmw..... PM me if you want to jump on board with testing.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    If I try it and something goes wrong would I be able to fix it by restoring it or would I run the risk of bricking my phone again. I will try it if I know the phone can be restored somehow.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    If I try it and something goes wrong would I be able to fix it by restoring it or would I run the risk of bricking my phone again. I will try it if I know the phone can be restored somehow.
    You'll have to take all the steps of flashing the factory image back on your phone but it shouldnt be a problem. Use the recovery we have to make a backup of your current situation and then you can restore that once you root the new factory image.
    I PM'd Miller last night to let him know I would test it out..... He said he had Flavor trying out something and depending on how that went he would let me know...haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they are working on an official thread cause it was success.......one can only hope.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM˛
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Just a curious question, has anyone tried flashing back from this "Recovery" we have to verify it works? :-)
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JimiMack View Post
    Just a curious question, has anyone tried flashing back from this "Recovery" we have to verify it works? :-)
    I verified......I uninstalled several apps....and then ran the backup I made last night. Everything's back and in working order.

TrdLtly likes this.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by micrors4 View Post
    This is good... Has anyone restored a backup from within the CWM you are using? What we have won't brick you but it's not even flashing anything as the permissions and mount points are wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Layvin1 View Post
    You'll have to take all the steps of flashing the factory image back on your phone but it shouldnt be a problem. Use the recovery we have to make a backup of your current situation and then you can restore that once you root the new factory image.
    I PM'd Miller last night to let him know I would test it out..... He said he had Flavor trying out something and depending on how that went he would let me know...haven't heard anything yet. Maybe they are working on an official thread cause it was success.......one can only hope.

Nothing good yet.... Still working on it though... I am going to rewrite the update script and change the mount points to what is within the boot.img and see if that helps...

This is a GREAT question... i want to know the same thing as if once this does flash if for some reason we trigger the LG error due to the bloat I removed you will want to restore your backup until I can change the apk's again....
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post

This is good... Has anyone restored a backup from within the CWM you are using? What we have won't brick you but it's not even flashing anything as the permissions and mount points are wrong....

Nothing good yet.... Still working on it though... I am going to rewrite the update script and change the mount points to what is within the boot.img and see if that helps...

This is a GREAT question... i want to know the same thing as if once this does flash if for some reason we trigger the LG error due to the bloat I removed you will want to restore your backup until I can change the apk's again....
    I verified......I uninstalled several apps....and then ran the backup I made last night. Everything's back and in working order.

Last edited by Layvin1; 01-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    TrdLtly likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Spectrum 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Layvin1 View Post

Has anyone used this recovery yet on a soft bricked to verify this works. Or if I remember correctly if we get the LG error we have to use the CAB file to do a factory restore and then the recovery to juts get our Pre-set system back up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    LG Spectrum 2

Has anyone used this recovery yet on a soft bricked to verify this works. Or if I remember correctly if we get the LG error we have to use the CAB file to do a factory restore and then the recovery to juts get our Pre-set system back up.
    If you can still boot into the recovery app it should...... But I don't know about the factory menu......

I meant to ask about something before though.......the recovery would only find the backup in its original internal sd backup location(clockworkmod folder)cause its not done in a .zip package.
    So if we install a new ROM we are going to lose the data in this internal SD sector....correct?
    If I'm right we all need to make sure we temporarily move this backup to external SD card before we flash a new ROM and then move it back if we need to restore it

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Links