I was hoping for 2.3 and less Bing!
Verizon Almost Ready To Begin Rolling Out LG Revolution Software Update [LG Revolution Software Update Coming Soon; It Fixes Bugs, Updates Apps & Does Not Bring Gingerbread] | TFTS
"It looks like the LG Revolution is about due for a software update. And while we have yet to see any reports that it has been received, Verizon has posted the Software Update PDF on their website. In other words, it looks like Verizon will be rolling out the first major update for the Revolution sooner rather than later."
First things first though, if you are reading this post and hoping to see something about Gingerbread — sorry to disappoint, but this update is not going to bump your phone up to Android 2.3. That being said, the update does have a decent sized list of updates, improvements and changes.
The update is VS910ZV6, measures in at 69.5MB in size and according to Verizon, should take about 5 to 10 minutes to download and another 7 to 10 minutes to install. Otherwise, the update looks like it will correct more than a few annoyances such as how the keyboard should no longer automatically open when simply viewing a text message. Anyway, the full change log reads as follows;
Email and Messaging
- “Out of Office” feature now available for Exchange email.
- Auto-correct no longer incorrectly activates in email, ID and search message fields.
- Setting up email with multiple servers (i.e. cox.net) has been fixed.
- No longer receive duplicate emails on Yahoo Mail.
- When on a call while in Vibrate mode and an incoming call is received, a short beep notification will sound instead of a vibration.
Applications and Widgets
- Keyboard no longer automatically opens when viewing a text message. Tap in text entry field to activate it.
- View album art for MPEG4 files on Music Player.
Voice data app now preloaded to enable text to speech.
V CAST Music, V CAST Video and V CAST Tones come preloaded.
- Amazon Kindle
- Bing Search and Voice
- Rock Band
- Slacker Radio
- VZ Navigator
- V CAST Apps"