DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: LED color

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution

LED color

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out any apps that you can use to change the color of the LED notification light? Coming from my OG Droid I'm used to being able to change the color but this phone doesn't seem to have the ability nor have any of the apps I tried out. I know the phone has the ability since it changes color when charging. It was nice being able to glance at my phone from afar and look at the light and know whether I had a missed text message, call, vmail, etc.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Green is for Charging, blue is for missed text/calls, red is low battery. Looks like there is a orange/white one also not sure what thats for yet.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razrrrrrrrrr
    when mines charging i get green adn orange lol. it just depends on what angle i look at the phone. i think orange is for charging below 15% im not positive though
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Revolution
    Alright guys, let me clarify lol. I guess I'm just used to being able to change the color on my OG Droid for different alerts. For example for emails it would turn green, texts purple, kik message blue, etc. Having an LED is better than no LED *cough Charge cough* but having it be blue for EVERY type of alert seems to almost defeat the purpose of having one in the first place. I've tried just about every app on the market and none of them work. Guess I'll just hope that in the next update they update this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerh View Post
    when mines charging i get green adn orange lol. it just depends on what angle i look at the phone. i think orange is for charging below 15% im not positive though
    It's actually red and green, and it stays that way until 90% then to goes to just green. If you have it charging in a completely black room, and point the LED at the wall, you'll see the definite red and green.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    johnacjo
    LED color can be change by the internal software and programs inside the phone. It changes the color as per the command suggested to it. Like it blinks red when low battery, blue and yellow when there is incoming call as per the selection. As the program suggested to it as per the command it reacts.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have the same question. Coming from an original Droid- I could change the color so that text messages would blink green and my AIM IM's would blink magenta. Can't figure out how to change things on this new Bionic so text messages blink green. I did install LightFlow (recommended in another forum, for my issue) and that does nothing. How do I change things so my text notifications are green and my IMs are magenta (or any color other than green)?
    Thanks, all
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    If you use Handcent for texting, you can set LED color & flash speed preferences. That is the only app that I know of with that feature.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by laterr View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out any apps that you can use to change the color of the LED notification light? Coming from my OG Droid I'm used to being able to change the color but this phone doesn't seem to have the ability nor have any of the apps I tried out. I know the phone has the ability since it changes color when charging. It was nice being able to glance at my phone from afar and look at the light and know whether I had a missed text message, call, vmail, etc.
    yes LED notification light is really helpful. it must have different colors for different functions..

Links