DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a Rooted Revolution from trying the OTA update ???

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus w/4.1.1

How to get a Rooted Revolution from trying the OTA update ???

My son rooted (1 click) his Revolution immediately after buying it a couple months ago (before updates) and it's been working great. He keeps getting the OTA update notification failure, and obviously since it's rooted it won't successfully update. He has the free version if Ti BU loaded too. How do you get it to quit trying to update???? He says it gives him the notifications multiple times a day of the unsuccessful update attempt. How do you make it STOP??

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG revolution
    How did he root it properly? I've been trying 1click for the past few days and it won't root! Frustrating.....
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    lg revolution
    I have been trying to root it myself an it doesn't seem to work. how is this done. right
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Revolution
    If you didn't do the update, ota, then with 1click, you need to use the rageagainstthecage method. That file may or may not be included with 1click, but was found on btjunkie.org torrent. I used that method originally and then after downgrading the update and worked both times, although took a few tries after downgrade.

How this helped,
    Cybie

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    lg revolution

still having issues on the rooting of the lg revolution. can anyone help?

still having issues rooting the phone, is there anyway your son can give me an idea of how he did it. or what i need to do to root the lg revolution without bricking it. would be helpful an some helpful tips for after the root.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc
    ...so far, there is NO 100% CONFIRMED ROOT method AFTER the UPDATE, just here n there "stories"....but, dont cry just yet, there is a method in the works, so if u can find it within urself to wait for its release, then youll have a step by step guide to root ur "awesome phone" unless u get a sick pleasure of flirting with the idea of a $200+ lg brick, then by all means, use every "root tool" u can find...oh n make sure u click n unclick every option u see, ESPECIALLY if u don't know what it is/does....

...but then again, what do I know? I mean, I don't even have the rev (my roomies does though lol) n he loves his rev as is unrooted...he just want to try n achieve a higher quadrant score then my Dinc (1562) which I'm not bragging about at all...that ill save the rom I'm using that isn't available for the rev.....miui (aka "the *POOP*" hahahaha......)

@jaden & romey - he used S1C BEFORE the update (n more than likely had "rageagainstthecage" enabled) but if u would actually research a bit n Google some stuff, or.....read the first part of this exact that u r reading right now....u might have picked up the fact that THE UPDATE BLOCKED/DISABLED ROOT ACCESS.....

PS. If I had a typo or even was wrong about something...save ur thumbs....y troll a troll? Haha.....ha!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Revolution
    Later today I will post a method, step by step, how to root your updated revo. This method, in short, requires you to downgrade the update, then root, install cwm, either the "techie" way using adb, or using the easy way (untested by me) via revo tool kit, then installing a custom ROM (revolt 1.3). This will get you rooted and "upgraded" as the custom ROM is built on the ota update, but with out all the bloatware. My revo runs smooth, fast, and Netflix is jitter free. If this is of interest, reply back and I will provide the steps necessary, even providing a download with all the tools necessary in one package. The only thing I may not include in the package is the adb itself, which is readily available.

i'm not at home and writing such instructions via my phone and not having exact file names in front of me will make it near impossible to be 100% accurate...

As it is now, all such instructions and files are available, but they are not in one place and can be difficult to find. In order to not "steal" others ideas and instructions, I may just provide links to each step and adding in where necessary to clear things up for those not so tech savvy...

-Cybie

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG revolution
    Yes I am definitely intrigued by your post about the root process if you are truly willing to post it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc
    ....as am I

"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Revolution
    had to run out again while writing up step by step procedure. It should be posted before midnight, pst...

-Cybie

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links