The Repairs Universe techs recently released a step-by-step repair guide showing owners how to fix a LG Lucid 2 that may have become damaged. This tear down repair guide demonstrates the proper steps to take when needing to disassemble this great device to perform repairs such as replacing a cracked or damaged screen or other internal components. We want to help anyone who has dropped and cracked the screen on their LG Lucid 2 to be able to save money by performing the repair themselves.
This tutorial will assist you when needing to install the following LG Lucid 2 parts:
LG Lucid 2 VS870 Touch Screen Digitizer
LG Lucid 2 VS970 LCD Screen
To perform this repair you will need the following repair tools:
- Small Phillips Screwdriver (#00)
- Safe open pry tool(s)
- Adhesive Strips
- Heat gun or blow dryer
All other Parts and Accessories for the LG Lucid 2 can be found at RepairsUniverse.com
How to repair a LG Lucid 2 VS970 (Tear Down Guide)
- First you should make sure your device is fully powered off.
- Then remove the back cover as well as the battery, micro SD card & sim card.
- You will then need to take your Small Phillips Screwdriver and remove the ten (10) screws circled in RED in the figure shown below.
- With the screws removed you are able to take your pry tool and remove the back housing by prying up the clips holding it in place.
After the back housing has been removed you can see the motherboard is now exposed.
- Referencing to the figure below you will see nine (9) connections highlighted in BLUE that will need to be released.
- There are a total of six (6) pop-connectors and three (3) antenna cables.
- Use your safe open pry tool to gently lift and release these connections to free the motherboard.
See figure below for screw and connection locations.
With all the screws and connections released you can now gently pry up and remove the motherboard.
(Make sure to use proper care when handling the motherboard.)
- Next you will need to pry up the rear camera and headphone jack assembly which is held down with some adhesive.
- You will also need to use your pry tool and peel up the charging port flex assembly located at the bottom of the device. This flex assembly is held down with a little adhesive as well so you will want to use proper care when peeling the ribbon cables from the housing so you do not rip or tear the component.
See figure below for reference
After these steps have been performed you may now begin to release the mid-frame and LCD screen from the touch screen digitizer and front housing.
The object of these next tasks is the separate the glass touch screen and front housing from the LCD and mid-frame.
- Begin by taking your pry tool and release the clips holding the mid-frame in place of the front housing.
- Be cautious as you work your way around all sides not to damage the face of the LCD screen.
- Continue to work your way along all sides until you have released all the clips holding each other together.
See figure below for reference:
Note: If you are needing to install a new LCD screen you must peel up the LCD screen's flex cable from the back housing to remove it and install a replacement LCD. This ribbon cable is held down with a little adhesive.
- To proceed with removing the touch screen digitizer you will want to take your heat source on a medium setting roughly 3-4 inches away from the screen and housing to warm and loosen the adhesive. Evenly apply heat in 30-45 second intervals.
- With the adhesive properly heated you can now take your plastic pry tool and wedge between the glass digitizer and outer bezel. Work your pry tool along all sides to release the adhesive enough to remove the glass touch screen entirely from the housing.
- Re-apply heat to stubborn areas to loosen up the adhesive.
See figure below for reference:
Notice: This repair guide is for informational and instructional purposes only. Perform this repair at your own risk.