DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: LG lucid 4g lte fell on puddle worked fine but not charging than died and now..

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    lg lucid lte

Unhappy LG lucid 4g lte fell on puddle worked fine but not charging than died and now..

my Lg lucid fell on a puddle and fell appart obviously since it had no case (battery cover n phone)
    i turned it on couple hours later and it worked fine and i tried to charge it it would turn off so i stopped trying but since i had barely any battery left i tried again but it would just turn off.
    eventually it died and i connected it hours later and than the lights started flashing and than after a while the screen was black and gray letters that said downloading do not unplug cable appeared so i left it alone and later on i checked it nothing had happened except the letters had gone and it has stayied like that for over a week i try to charge it and it just flashes its lights thats all and i took it to verizon and wit a new battery nothing happens :/ i bought the phone 3months ago and the verizon guy didnt listen to me and didnt put insurance on it so when i tried filing a claim it obviously said no insurance
    verizon tried to file a defective claim but they told me as soon as the company receives my phone they will probably charge me the new one bcuz my phone has some dents which voids the warranty

so i just wanted to know if theres any way i could fix the phone? or a place i could take it to get it fixed or if its dead dead (i should add i have tried charging with and without battery nothing happens) and i should just get a cheap one since i wont pay more than 100 for a phone :/
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member

Re: LG lucid 4g lte fell on puddle worked fine but not charging than died and now..

Chances are, it's probably dead. You can always look on your bill to see whether you're paying for insurance or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    See if they will let you pay retroactively for insurance for the past 3 months, they did this for me once when the sales rep ignored my request to put insurance on my line.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    lg lucid lte
    the problem is that the rep that helped me that day has moved to another place and its quite far for me and also it had denied my insurance at that time . . :/ but thanks
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Did you go in a verizon store or call them? If you went into a verizon store I would call verizon CS. They are more flexible then the stores.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    If you end up having to buy another phone try Swappa or Craig's List. I would recommend meeting the other party in a cooperate VZ store and have the phone checked out before any money changes hands.
    Droid does...Apple bites

Links