DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sooo are you happy with your G2????

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Looks like my experience is reinforced now, the G2 really does have a better radio.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjenn View Post
    I live in weak signal area my G2 is better then my Motorola phones for signal and call quality
    Good to hear that. I will post my results on Monday. Phone comes tomorrow. I will report back and let my personal experience be known. If it doesn't work out I will return the g2 and try the Droid maxx. I'm hoping this lg surprises me...
    LG G2
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    Well I got my phone Saturday and so far I'm liking it. I've been using it at work over the last couple days and I'm happy to say that the reception in the weak signal area is better than my Galaxy S4. Its not a totally huge improvement but it is a very noticeable improvement. It definitely makes texting and phone calls less frustrating. I'm still trying to get used to the buttons on the back....... I'm really disappointed in the lack of cases available but I did order a diztronic matte black case from Amazon. So I will update with a review on the case when it arrives. I will say that I am going to keep this phone and sell the S4. I think the build quality is better and the camera is the best I've used on a smartphone. Overall I think LG did a good job. I also am using nova launcher and it is very very smooth.
    LG G2
  4. JKZ
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksupernor2 View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the lack of cases available but I did order a diztronic matte black case from Amazon. So I will update with a review on the case when it arrives.
    I've got the same diztronic case for mine. I think you'll like it, it fits really well and doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all. The best part is, no fingerprints on the back anymore!

I've also got the Incipio Feather case which I really like too. It's even thinner than the diztronic and I really like the feel of it. The only down side is that it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. The diztronic protects the corners and edges a little more. They are both very thin though.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    Quote Originally Posted by JKZ View Post
    I've got the same diztronic case for mine. I think you'll like it, it fits really well and doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all. The best part is, no fingerprints on the back anymore!

I've also got the Incipio Feather case which I really like too. It's even thinner than the diztronic and I really like the feel of it. The only down side is that it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. The diztronic protects the corners and edges a little more. They are both very thin though.
    Thanks for the input. I'm thinking about the Incipio feather also. Which one do you use/like better?

Thanks, Ken
    LG G2
  6. JKZ
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I actually prefer the feel and look of the feather. It feels a little less slippery to me and it is so thin it really looks good. However, I use the diztronic most of the time just for the little bit of extra protection it offers. I'm really torn between the two. I like them both for different reasons. They both fit great and are good quality.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Thanks to HJ and others for the great information on this thread. I'm currently looking at the G2 and N3 as a replacemeent for my Rezound. Hoping the G2 sells better than the Rezound which was the sleeper hit of its day. The awesome screen & great camera sold me on the Rezound years ago & looks like the g2 doesn't disappoint in those areas. Signal strength is also a concern because I travel through some very rural areas, so it sounds like that is a win for the g2 over the n3 as well.

I'm itching to try both phones because I'm sure I will like the multitasking on the n3 but am unsure on the stylus. As a work phone its going to be a tough choice: better productivity of the n3 or better camera & signal on the g2. Arrgggg.

What sucks is that our local LameRizon store has neither model for review. All they care about is selling droids which ticks me off to no end and is so d@#n unprofessional.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKZ View Post

I bought the feather too because I needed something in a pinch. Like the looks and feel. I have the silver and it compliments the looks of the phone very well. I will eventually get a Diztronics TPU once they start making high gloss versions for the G2. I have had them on several devices and the bang for the buck can't be beat. The only thing I do not like is the non gloss version are hard to keep a grip on. And unfortunately that is all they have available right now.

The more I look for cases the more it ticks me off that VZW decided to change the button style from the other three carriers. Most companies don't seem to want to bother making a specific case for one single carrier and instead have focused on the other three. Which are the same.
    pc747 likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post

I bought the feather too because I needed something in a pinch. Like the looks and feel. I have the silver and it compliments the looks of the phone very well. I will eventually get a Diztronics TPU once they start making high gloss versions for the G2. I have had them on several devices and the bang for the buck can't be beat. The only thing I do not like is the non gloss version are hard to keep a grip on. And unfortunately that is all they have available right now.

The more I look for cases the more it ticks me off that VZW decided to change the button style from the other three carriers. Most companies don't seem to want to bother making a specific case for one single carrier and instead have focused on the other three. Which are the same.
    Good God, seriously? Big red changed the buttons?! Sometimes they do some incredibly stupid things.

The two things that concern me with this phone are lack of updates and accessories. A good case seems a must for this phone with the crappy back it has. Hopefully they have something unobtrusive that I like.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticshade View Post
    Good God, seriously? Big red changed the buttons?! Sometimes they do some incredibly stupid things.

The two things that concern me with this phone are lack of updates and accessories. A good case seems a must for this phone with the crappy back it has. Hopefully they have something unobtrusive that I like.

Ah yup. Leave it to Big Red to eff up a good thing. The one on the right is VZW. The one on the right is AT&T, Sprint and T-Mo.

As far as updates I was worried at first. But until apps get way beyond the reach of compatibility of a particular version of the OS it should not be a problem. This is a flagship device for LG. I really hope they treat it as such and not let it lag behind.

Last edited by Garemlin; 10-12-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links