DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New LG G2, no 4G. :(

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Oh yeah I can see that. I had zero other issues with the other phone or this one. And call quality on both phones was excellent. Maybe she just got a bad phone.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfR1 View Post
    Oh yeah I can see that. I had zero other issues with the other phone or this one. And call quality on both phones was excellent. Maybe she just got a bad phone.
    Well it was just a defective Sim card... I tried the SIM from my Rezound and it worked flawless, I like how we can do that with these devices just like a GSM phone

However, she decided to return it and get the S4, oh well, I really rooted for the G2, but it lacks wow factor with its features :/
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfR1 View Post
    Anyone have any idea why a new LG G2 not be getting 4G LTE access? It's default setting was Global so I set to CDMA / LTE but it will never connect to anything other than 3G or 1x. Will be contacting Verizon tomorrow but thought I would put something out here to see if I get any hits.

Ideas or similar experiences?
    I have had the same issue as you all did. I have an old sims card that was in my old droid 4 phone. My coverage kept losing 4g and no matter what I did no 4g in sight. I have a sims card that came with the lg g2 and after a long time of suffering with this problem I called tech support. He tracked down the problem to the sims card I had in the phone. Long story short the problem lies in the old sims card. The old card was primary a 3g card so the device would try to go to 4g and it did on a temp basis but after a 2 to 3 minute period it would never go back to 4g without the reboot. I had tech support check it out and after we activated the proper sims card...poof... all better! The problem lies in the sims card. Call tech support and it will fix your problem. Hope this helps everyone by offering a solution and exposing the problem so everyone understands the issue..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links