DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Ally

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid Ally

Hello, my girlfriend just recently upgraded an envy to a droid ally, but she is having some HUGE problems with the battery just being on a constant state of rapid depletion. I mean, I have a moto droid, and i had a 100% charge on it, and it hasnt charged for the last, 25 hours and its at 60%. Her Ally, can go from 100% - 30% in under 5 hours. Verizon didnt help, just gave her the customer service schtick. any idea what is eating her battery? the only widgets she has downloaded and runs is vizbattery. the battery runs out fast even if she isnt doing ANYTHING with it. So, if you guys could help out, tell me some things to tell her to cool it down, like what preloaded apps to ditch(and if so, how, cuz i only know how to get rid of ones i downloaded). Thanks in advance
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crim View Post
    Hello, my girlfriend just recently upgraded an envy to a droid ally, but she is having some HUGE problems with the battery just being on a constant state of rapid depletion. I mean, I have a moto droid, and i had a 100% charge on it, and it hasnt charged for the last, 25 hours and its at 60%. Her Ally, can go from 100% - 30% in under 5 hours. Verizon didnt help, just gave her the customer service schtick. any idea what is eating her battery? the only widgets she has downloaded and runs is vizbattery. the battery runs out fast even if she isnt doing ANYTHING with it. So, if you guys could help out, tell me some things to tell her to cool it down, like what preloaded apps to ditch(and if so, how, cuz i only know how to get rid of ones i downloaded). Thanks in advance

First thing I would do is a factory reset and start over..maybe shes got an app open all day or what have you.......Start fresh and find whats the root cause. If it doesnt fix it. Make VZW warranty her battery
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    I Just bought my wife the Ally last night. Ill try and pay attention to her battery life after a couple days. Its new to her so she will be using it a lot in the beginning so I may not have real battery life results.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Ally
    Just got mine too... I 've been having the same issues. The guy in the store told me to fix it you put it on Airplane mode for 2 mins then take the battery out and then turn it back on and take it off of Airplane mode. I tried this but still seemed to have some issues.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by crim View Post
    not to get off topic, but what do you use your droid for, a paperweight??? do you even keep it on? i can't even get 25 hours out of mine with a full battery. lol.

i also got my gf an ally and will see what happens to hers over the next day or so and chime back in.
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Got my wife an ally a month ago and she can go almost 2 days between charges. I would def hold vzw accountable

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    1. Turn off live wallpapers
    2. Uninstall vzbattery
    3. Remove widgets
    4. If using LG theme then switch to basic theme and goto 1.
    5. Turn off WiFi
    6. Turn off GPS
    7. Turn down screen brightness
    8. Update your roaming: Dial *228 then select option 2
    9. Only use push email
    10. Turn off sync contacts and calendar
    11. Set long refresh times on apps and widgets that fetch data. Especially social, news and weather apps
    12. Uninstall task killers
    13. Install SystemPanel Lite
    14. Power off; Battery out; wait a minute; Battery in; Power on
    15. Charge overnight with wall outlet using provided charger

The Ally processor is underpowered and requires more juice than the Moto Droid. Use phone normally and see if it's better. Use SystemPanel to see if something is using all your battery. Check your battery under settings and verify "Cell standby" and "Time without a signal". The Ally uses a lot of battery trying to hold signals in weak areas. If things are better then slowly add widgets and things back that you really need. I use shortcuts instead of widgets for everything except weather and calendar.

Links