This device has been flying low on the radar since it’s release in May, but developers have been hard at work trying to acheive root on this device. Thanks to some dedicated developers over at AndroidForums, they made this happen. Unfortunately, the method is done only through Linuxso far.
LINUXMount SD Card
- In Terminal:
- wget http://zenthought.org/tmp/asroot2
- wget http://bit.ly/brI0EV
- ./adb push asroot2 /data/local/
- ./adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/asroot2
- ./adb shell
- A $ prompt from the android will open now:
- 1) /data/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh
(at this point your $ prompt should be a # meaning you are root, if not, type exit and then begin over, when you open the new ./adb shell you will be # root)
When you get # shell, UNMOUNT the sdcard!!!!! This will make the correct link available. Then continue on.
- mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
- cat /sdcard/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
- cat /sdcard/su > /system/bin/su
Head HERE for more information.
The LG Ally Gets Rooted! AndroidSPIN