DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Rooting

  1. Junior Droid
    fallenshadow114's Avatar
    Member #
    145792
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    lg ally
    #1

    Rooting

    Seems like the only thread dedicated to Ally 1-click roots is done with. So I'm starting this one. I apologize if that bothers people. I'm just wondering if anybody knows anything about z4root (ryanZa). Or any other rooting apps. Are they going to be updated for Ally 2.2.1 support? Are there any easy rooting apks out there already? Any suggestions (besides Tridents way on androidforums). I really miss my Ally being rooted. 2.2.1 froYo sucks! Thanks in advanced.

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Newbie
    eddieorengo's Avatar
    Member #
    153437
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    LG Ally
    #2
    I hear ya! This froyo garbage is killing me. Someone plaese help!!!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
  4. Droid
    ViolentSage's Avatar
    Member #
    160481
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Not sure about the model but isn't there a way to do it with rsdlite? Id steer clear of the one clicks. I find being in control when you are rooting essential. Plus, then you know the process and the fixes.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Junior Droid
    fallenshadow114's Avatar
    Member #
    145792
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    lg ally
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolentSage View Post
    Not sure about the model but isn't there a way to do it with rsdlite? Id steer clear of the one clicks. I find being in control when you are rooting essential. Plus, then you know the process and the fixes.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I do agree with you but I've absolutely no problems with 1clicks in the past. And rooting the ally any other way is just a hassel.

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
  6. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolentSage View Post
    Not sure about the model but isn't there a way to do it with rsdlite? Id steer clear of the one clicks. I find being in control when you are rooting essential. Plus, then you know the process and the fixes.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Different manufacturers have different tools for burning images onto their devices. Moto's tool is rsdlite. An LG ally I previously rooted for someone arrived on my doorstep today. They took the update and lost root. I'll post back in this thread how I re-rooted it once I've done so.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  7. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #6
    1.5 hours, not too bad.

    History:
    When I first picked this phone up for a relative I rooted it very quickly, in less than 30 minutes. Then I let it do an update. The root files were in place but they had the wrong permissions. I tried to root and was told I was and tried to unroot and was told I didn't have permission to do so. Grrr. 4 hours later the phone was re-rooted. This was back during the end of Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2010.

    Last week I got the call that an update was taken, so I had the phone mailed to me.

    The biggest problem this go around was trying to locate the USB Modem Drivers for the LG Ally (LG-VS740) phone that Windows kept telling me was missing. What follows it the order of the steps I took, which might not be the fastest steps to take.


    1. [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers is where I got the SuperOneClick tool from. You need to have an account on the XDA forum to download the tool. I grabbed version 1.6.5, the latest release at this time.
    2. Following the directions at the above link I found the phone never connected. \
    3. Dropping to a command prompt I ran the adb devices command, from the folder I unzipped the tool into, and the device wasn't found. I was being bombarded by Windows wanting to install the driver...which it couldn't locate. The drivers available through the LG site were useless to me.
    4. PdaNet did the trick. I used version 2.4.5 and got the hint from here: LG Ally Forum ...link should bring you to post 5)
    5. Went back to the SuperOneClick tool and first ran the psneuter exploit and when that got stuck I ran the rageagainstthecage exploit (radio knobs for the two exploits are located in the upper right hand corner of the tool).
    6. I had to reboot the phone and then root was complete.


    Shorter recap version: install SuperOneClick. If adb can't see your phone connected you probably have a usb driver issue. If so install PdaNet and only install the first usb driver, skipping the other drivers. Try SuperOneClick again, then reboot your phone once it says it ran ok.

    I've got Barnacle running as a wifi tether app on this phone. It complained about a lack of root access prior to my post here, and Terminal Emulator also failed to give a # response to a keyboard input of su but both work now so root is attained.

    With the above anyone should be able to root a LG Ally 2.2.1 android phone in about 15-30 minutes...good luck!
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  8. Junior Droid
    fallenshadow114's Avatar
    Member #
    145792
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    lg ally
    #7
    @christim

    Super one click worked flawlessly! I had to download the drivers seperatly awhile ago because pdanets a pain. But now I'm rooted and loving it again. Thanks so much!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
  9. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenshadow114 View Post
    @christim

    Super one click worked flawlessly! I had to download the drivers seperatly awhile ago because pdanets a pain. But now I'm rooted and loving it again. Thanks so much!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
    Glad the post helped. I have found that Barnacle, and WiFi Tether for Root no longer works on this phone. I even located and tried the apk linked in post 13 here: Issue 559 - android-wifi-tether - LG Ally code support update needed. - Project Hosting on Google Code but that version also wouldn't work for me.

    As this is for a non-mobile PC I'm recommending the route of PdaNet for who this phone belongs to. We won't have to worry about future updates messing with it, I hope. I do see the Mobile Hotspot app and don't recall seeing it before, not sure if that just got added and is playing havoc with the free wifi tether apps.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Junior Droid
    fallenshadow114's Avatar
    Member #
    145792
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    lg ally
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenshadow114 View Post
    @christim

    Super one click worked flawlessly! I had to download the drivers seperatly awhile ago because pdanets a pain. But now I'm rooted and loving it again. Thanks so much!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
    Glad the post helped. I have found that Barnacle, and WiFi Tether for Root no longer works on this phone. I even located and tried the apk linked in post 13 here: Issue 559 - android-wifi-tether - LG Ally code support update needed. - Project Hosting on Google Code but that version also wouldn't work for me.

    As this is for a non-mobile PC I'm recommending the route of PdaNet for who this phone belongs to. We won't have to worry about future updates messing with it, I hope. I do see the Mobile Hotspot app and don't recall seeing it before, not sure if that just got added and is playing havoc with the free wifi tether apps.
    Not really sure if your saying wifi tethers aren't working for the ally... if u are, I'm using wifi tether straight from the market and it works perfect!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
  11. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenshadow114 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenshadow114 View Post
    @christim

    Super one click worked flawlessly! I had to download the drivers seperatly awhile ago because pdanets a pain. But now I'm rooted and loving it again. Thanks so much!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
    Glad the post helped. I have found that Barnacle, and WiFi Tether for Root no longer works on this phone. I even located and tried the apk linked in post 13 here: Issue 559 - android-wifi-tether - LG Ally code support update needed. - Project Hosting on Google Code but that version also wouldn't work for me.

    As this is for a non-mobile PC I'm recommending the route of PdaNet for who this phone belongs to. We won't have to worry about future updates messing with it, I hope. I do see the Mobile Hotspot app and don't recall seeing it before, not sure if that just got added and is playing havoc with the free wifi tether apps.
    Not really sure if your saying wifi tethers aren't working for the ally... if u are, I'm using wifi tether straight from the market and it works perfect!

    Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App
    Barnacle was working, that no longer does. Wifi from the market also won't work. Good to know it does/should work though. At least now I know it isn't the tethering software but something that has happened to the phone, thanks!
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Rooting Pro
    By jpcalhoun in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM
  2. Droid X 2.2 rooting issues after un-rooting
    By Droid4Prez in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 03:50 PM
  3. rooting the INC
    By SECRT AG3NT MAN in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
  4. Rooting before 2.2 help
    By Georgedaballa in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
  5. How fool-proof are these rooting steps / is rooting permanent
    By liguy257 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 06:56 AM

Search tags for this page

download superoneclick 1.6.5
,

super one click 1.6.5

,

super one click 1.6.5 download

,
super one click v 1.6.5. download
,

superoneclick 1.6.5

,

superoneclick 1.6.5 download

,

superoneclick 1.65

,

superoneclick v 1.65

,
superoneclick v1.6.5
,

superoneclick v1.6.5 download

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+