DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compcache not working on RC4

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1

Compcache not working on RC4

I had it working fine on RC3. Did the same exact thing and cant get it to work. Anyone get it to work? I am using P3's 900/125 kernel. Slayers "stock" kernel was causing boot loop, which it never did before.

Anyone get it working on RC4? If so, which setup?
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
    I had it working fine on RC3. Did the same exact thing and cant get it to work. Anyone get it to work? I am using P3's 900/125 kernel. Slayers "stock" kernel was causing boot loop, which it never did before.

Anyone get it working on RC4? If so, which setup?
    I assume you re-installed the ramzswap module zip as well?
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Of course. I always do a fresh wipe, let it install and startup, then go into recovery and install kernel and w/e modules I am using.

Have you been able to get it working?
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Of course. I always do a fresh wipe, let it install and startup, then go into recovery and install kernel and w/e modules I am using.

Have you been able to get it working?
    It worked in RC3, but I had to move the module into the correct directory (/system/lib/modules/2.6.32-P3Droid). The P3Droid zip file installs modules into /system/lib/modules, which isn't where the CM-compiled busybox modprobe is looking for them.

I'm downloading RC4 right now (on a very slow connection). I'll let you know what I find out. What happens when you type "compcache start"?
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Hmm, the way I got it to work with P3's kernel on RC3 was I first was using slayers setup with compcache and then went to P3's So I wonder if that is the reason I had it working on RC3. I cant get Slayers to work on RC4 (bootloop after applying his compcache patch).

About moving the module, I dont have a dir called 2.6.32-P3Droid. Do I need to create one and then move the ramzswap module there?
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    About moving the module, I dont have a dir called 2.6.32-P3Droid. Do I need to create one and then move the ramzswap module there?
    That's what I had to do. Actually, now that I look at the compcache script, it is manually setting MODULES_DIR. Perhaps that could be edited to look in the correct location, instead of moving the module?

What do you get when you type "modprobe ramzswap"?
    Cool CM Tricks
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post

That's what I had to do. Actually, now that I look at the compcache script, it is manually setting MODULES_DIR. Perhaps that could be edited to look in the correct location, instead of moving the module?

modprobe: chdir(2.6.32.9-P3Droid): No such file or directory
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

modprobe: chdir(2.6.32.9-P3Droid): No such file or directory
    Ok, that's exactly the same error I got when I did it.

If you create that directory (under /system/lib/modules) and put the module in it OR modify /system/bin/compcache to correctly set MODULES_DIR, that should fix it.
    Cool CM Tricks
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1

Ok, that's exactly the same error I got when I did it.

If you create that directory (under /system/lib/modules) and put the module in it OR modify /system/bin/compcache to correctly set MODULES_DIR, that should fix it.
    I created the dir and still nothing. I rebooted of course. When I look at the compcache file you talk about, what should I edit the dir to? I am thinking I have to create the dir (like I already did) and then edit this file to reflect the new location?

I even edited the mod_dir to reflect the new location and nothing. You?
    Last edited by droidkevlar; 11-15-2010 at 11:02 AM.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I created the dir and still nothing. I rebooted of course.
    Did you put the ramzswap.ko file into that directory?

When I look at the compcache file you talk about, what should I edit the dir to? I am thinking I have to create the dir (like I already did) and then edit this file to reflect the new location?
    Nope, you need to do one or the other, not both. The file has a line:
    Code:
    MODULES_DIR=/system/modules/lib/modules/`uname -r`
    That `uname -r` bit is what generates the 2.6.32.9-P3Droid directory. You can either remove that bit from the MODULES_DIR definition OR create that directory and put the modules in it. Either one should work fine. I'm not sure which one is "correct"
    Cool CM Tricks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links