DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: RC3 question

1. budmonster

RC3 question

I've been gone for awhile, a couple months now so I'm clueless to what has been going on in the Android world lately so my aplogizies if these questions have been asked before.

-Is there a page on teamdouche.net that lists all the GAPPS packages including that latest ones, I never know where to get the most update GAPPS from? Also, when I d/led RC3 from Rom Manager it downloaded GAPPS from 9/30. The latest GAPPS are from 10/25

-What's the difference between CM 6.1 RC3 vs the nightly that came out on Monday? Is that lastest nightly just an upgrade over RC3?

-I've seen this posted somewhere on here, but do any kernel work on RC3 or the latest nightlies. I've tried a lot of kernels on RC3 with just bootloops?

Thanks for the help and listening to me ramble.
    Last edited by budmonster; 11-02-2010 at 07:08 AM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    I've been gone for awhile, a couple months now so I'm clueless to what has been going on in the Android world lately so my aplogizies if these questions have been asked before.

-Is there a page on teamdouche.net that lists all the GAPPS packages including that latest ones, I never know where to get the most update GAPPS from? Also, when I d/led RC3 from Rom Manager it downloaded GAPPS from 9/30. The latest GAPPS are from 10/25

-What's the difference between CM 6.1 RC3 vs the nightly that came out on Monday? Is that lastest nightly just an upgrade over RC3?

-I've seen this posted somewhere on here, but do any kernel work on RC3 or the latest nightlies. I've tried a lot of kernels on RC3 with just bootloops?

Originally Posted by budmonster

-Is there a page on teamdouche.net that lists all the GAPPS packages including that latest ones, I never know where to get the most update GAPPS from?
    Also, when I d/led RC3 from Rom Manager it downloaded GAPPS from 9/30. The latest GAPPS are from 10/25

> Index of /gapps/ The Gapps in ROM manager is the latest, right now the 10/25 one.

> RC's are considered official releases

> Slayher and P3Droid kernels have been found to work on CM 6.1 RC3

Last edited by captdroid; 11-02-2010 at 07:15 AM.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  4. budmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post

-Is there a page on teamdouche.net that lists all the GAPPS packages including that latest ones, I never know where to get the most update GAPPS from?
    Also, when I d/led RC3 from Rom Manager it downloaded GAPPS from 9/30. The latest GAPPS are from 10/25

> Index of /gapps/ The Gapps in ROM manager is the latest, right now the 10/25 one.

when i d/led rc3 from RM and clicked on GAPPS, it downloaded an older version, 9/30/10 not what you said. unless its just a typo in RM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post

when i d/led rc3 from RM and clicked on GAPPS, it downloaded an older version, 9/30/10 not what you said. unless its just a typo in RM.
    The one currently available for download in RM is the 10/25 one. If your not convinced then simply install the one available for download the link I provided. One that has 'hdpi' in the file name.
    Last edited by captdroid; 11-02-2010 at 07:46 AM.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher

Links