DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyanogenmod Nightlies

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Cyanogenmod Nightlies

For those who want to keep up with the nightlies....

Builds 147-149 have the bound widget selection, and notification bar power settings! They all have issues with streaming music apps (Last.fm/Pandora), and they all hang when installing certain kernels.

Stay with the stock kernel and install clean, and they will all be pretty stable for you. (I have actually had luck installing over the top of CM6, but I won't recommend that route)

152 gave me random reboots, and I consider that far less stable than the others, also it didn't add anything to the other builds, probably just cleaning up/optimizing for the upcoming 6.1 release.

I'll try to flash every nightly when it is released, and report back on this thread.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    KookDoes
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I love downloading the nightlies. It's like Christmas every couple days. And...uhh....I also flash my personal theme for them.

edit: But I'm not addicted.
    Search "kookahdoo" on the market for my themed apps.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post

Builds 147-149 have the bound widget selection, and notification bar power settings! They all have issues with streaming music apps (Last.fm/Pandora), and they all hang when installing certain kernels.

Stay with the stock kernel and install clean, and they will all be pretty stable for you. (I have actually had luck installing over the top of CM6, but I won't recommend that route)

152 gave me random reboots, and I consider that far less stable than the others, also it didn't add anything to the other builds, probably just cleaning up/optimizing for the upcoming 6.1 release.

I'll try to flash every nightly when it is released, and report back on this thread.
    Any news on the volume-key-causing-reboot problem? Or is that the hanging-on-certain-kernels issue?

Nevermind, I just read the other thread, that's the same one. I think I'm going to have to wait - the stock kernel doesn't have ext3 support AFAIK, and I'm using apps2sdext and don't want to go back :-)

Can somebody that's already running one of the latest post a ss of the notification power-control? I'm curious how it looks/works
    Last edited by Se7enLC; 10-21-2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post

Any news on the volume-key-causing-reboot problem? Or is that the hanging-on-certain-kernels issue?

Nevermind, I just read the other thread, that's the same one. I think I'm going to have to wait - the stock kernel doesn't have ext3 support AFAIK, and I'm using apps2sdext and don't want to go back :-)

Can somebody that's already running one of the latest post a ss of the notification power-control? I'm curious how it looks/works
    I'm running 153 right now, and I took some screenshots with some of the new goodies. I'll up those pics in a little while. It runs great after a fresh install and after you fix permissions, I haven't noticed any reboots from using the volume keys, but I have had some when running non-stock kernels (still).

I think this one is stable enough for me to recommend the install. Its a little slow sometimes, if you can put up with that its really good.
    Last edited by UNC; 10-21-2010 at 06:21 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4

Power control

Grouped widgets

Widget re-sizing
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    FYI -the reboot upon using the volume controls appear to be fixed in build 153.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Using 153 with a custom kernel and no reboots yet. And cam zoom will fc. Anyone test out 154 yet?
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
    Using 153 with a custom kernel and no reboots yet. And cam zoom will fc. Anyone test out 154 yet?
    Installing it over 153 as we speak.
    What kernel are you using?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    Im going to do fresh install of 154 as that is what I always do. Its a custom 1.2ghz kernel a friend gave to me. Works perfect for CM based ROMs. If I could share, I would but I promised I wouldnt, sorry.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
    Im going to do fresh install of 154 as that is what I always do. Its a custom 1.2ghz kernel a friend gave to me. Works perfect for CM based ROMs. If I could share, I would but I promised I wouldnt, sorry.
    That's ok, I don't OC that high anyway. I installed 154 over 153 and there is a marked improvement speed-wise.

Now, there is one issue I've been having with these nightlies.. If I use my stereo bluetooth headphones for media and phone, I hear no sound during phone calls. Yet, if I disable the media thru bluetooth the phone calls work perfect. If I have both on or just the media on, the media plays perfect....

It's not my headphones as they work with any other rom. This is my only issue though.

I should probably wipe since all the CM's restore the apps properly.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Links