DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm6 Having issue's with battery

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ATRIX

Cm6 Having issue's with battery

Anyone having really bad battery life i have wiped three times and have double checked everything is it just me or is this a issue????
    Motorola ATRIX 3.5G =D
    Ginger-blur ROM 3.1
    Unlocked baseband

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I didn't have any issues. I am getting good battery life. 18-24 hrs with moderate use.

On RC3 it as not good but with final version it is much better
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have pretty poor battery life and have tried everything except a wipe, different kernels, different SetCPU setups, task managers, new battery, etc. I don't think I've wiped since 5.0.8, and have been through all the RC's and now the final of CM6.

I was beginning to think wiping is the next option for me.

Maybe even try another ROM but I don't want to loose the features of CM. Others have reported better battery life with other ROMs. The only issue with that is that for every one of those people, there is another person that says CM gave them better battery life. So in my book, that's just a healthy bit of statistical error.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ATRIX
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
    I have pretty poor battery life and have tried everything except a wipe, different kernels, different SetCPU setups, task managers, new battery, etc. I don't think I've wiped since 5.0.8, and have been through all the RC's and now the final of CM6.

I was beginning to think wiping is the next option for me.

Maybe even try another ROM but I don't want to loose the features of CM. Others have reported better battery life with other ROMs. The only issue with that is that for every one of those people, there is another person that says CM gave them better battery life. So in my book, that's just a healthy bit of statistical error.
    wiping is easy now because google restores all apps once u login! try wiping and tell me how it is ive tried so many tricks to get better battery life but its a no go for me idk why but im keeping this rom
    Motorola ATRIX 3.5G =D
    Ginger-blur ROM 3.1
    Unlocked baseband
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Rooted CM6Stabl
    i was getting better battery life with BB0.4 but its not horrible with CM6, im not swithcing from CM6 any time soon though, i love it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I get about 8 hours since I've rooted.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ATRIX
    dang so its not just me i guess people who get the 12+ are not using internet im using facebook and twitter and beautiful widgets so my data gets used
    Motorola ATRIX 3.5G =D
    Ginger-blur ROM 3.1
    Unlocked baseband
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    If you are willing to put the time in, there is an app that might be able to help you troubleshoot where you might be getting a drain. It is called Droidwall, and it is essentially a firewall for the droid that will let you customize so that you can invoke the wall, and only allow certain apps of your choosing to connect to the web and data. CM6 is the first rom that I have tried where the program is functional.

I have been up for 9 hours 53 minutes with only 30% battery drain, with some emails, a few calls, some web browsing this morning, and the display on for quite a while, and oc'd to 1200 (p3's). Today I was in an area with poor data and phone reception, so I turned on the wall with only email, gmail, google voice and the phone radio. Basic functionality I need for my job, with zero extra.

So far so good. The program is great in that you can set up a white list (allow) or black list (block), which is kinda neat depending on which way you want to control. And if you are willing to put in the extended time to test, you will certainly be able to nail any rogue apps.

Craig
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ATRIX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
    If you are willing to put the time in, there is an app that might be able to help you troubleshoot where you might be getting a drain. It is called Droidwall, and it is essentially a firewall for the droid that will let you customize so that you can invoke the wall, and only allow certain apps of your choosing to connect to the web and data. CM6 is the first rom that I have tried where the program is functional.

I have been up for 9 hours 53 minutes with only 30% battery drain, with some emails, a few calls, some web browsing this morning, and the display on for quite a while, and oc'd to 1200 (p3's). Today I was in an area with poor data and phone reception, so I turned on the wall with only email, gmail, google voice and the phone radio. Basic functionality I need for my job, with zero extra.

So far so good. The program is great in that you can set up a white list (allow) or black list (block), which is kinda neat depending on which way you want to control. And if you are willing to put in the extended time to test, you will certainly be able to nail any rogue apps.

Craig

Okay so i took the plunged and i wiped out the rom again three times also formated the phone than waited and fully charged the phone after that i ran wifi using internet texting googleing, g talk lots of customizing the phone resetting everything back up ok so now im at 20% battery use and its 2am right now well i charged it a 2pm so im getting 12 hours plus now i guess the first wipe didnt work out so much im loving the rom alotttt now that my battery actauly works it doesnt freeze like BD 7.0 did
    Motorola ATRIX 3.5G =D
    Ginger-blur ROM 3.1
    Unlocked baseband
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Andrew,

Sounds like you have sorted things out. Great. I am in the wipe AND factory reset 3 times before any new rom, and I have never had battery issues with anyone's work. As a matter of fact, wiping and factory resetting before any new rom has kept me from having many of the issues folks report on new installations. CM6 is a pretty cool rom, my first in a long time that is not just a stocked and themed version of the latest OTA, and I am pretty excited about it. About like having a new phone.

Good luck,

Craig
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links