DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: list of cyanogen features

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

list of cyanogen features

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I looked and couldn't find it. My question is, is there a list of all the features in cyanogen because I spent 2 days thinking that The rom was broken because sometimes my status bar across the top would disappeared not knowing that its actually a feature when u slid up with your finger. And u can slid down the notification bar just swiping down anywhere on the screen. After figuring this out i love this mod alot more but I had no clue I could do that.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    If you installed ADW thats a feature of the launcher. You can also set it up so that when you swipe up or down it will open your app drawer, hide the notifications bar, open apps, open notifications etc. I personally have my set up so that when i down swipe it opens my notifications and when i up swipe it it opens my app drawer.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTee View Post
    If you installed ADW thats a feature of the launcher. You can also set it up so that when you swipe up or down it will open your app drawer, hide the notifications bar, open apps, open notifications etc. I personally have my set up so that when i down swipe it opens my notifications and when i up swipe it it opens my app drawer.
    ADW is the default built-in launcher for Cyanogen - so it's there whether you knew about it or not.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Anybody can download adw to any rom from the market, it's not a cm exclusive feature.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
    Anybody can download adw to any rom from the market, it's not a cm exclusive feature.
    Yes. But in the context of the Koush forum, when somebody is asking about features of a rom that includes ADW, it's not because they went to the market to install ADW. :-P
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
    Yes. But in the context of the Koush forum, when somebody is asking about features of a rom that includes ADW, it's not because they went to the market to install ADW. :-P
    Thanks.. this is exactly what I mean... in koush rom are there any other cool little enhancements like that? like how software u buy from the store has a list of features on the box... i think cyanogen should have a list.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    To the OP here is a place to start:

UI Tweaks on CM6 – A Tutorial

Links