DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Widgets RC2

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Beautiful Widgets RC2

Anyone having issues with the widget clock updating?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Its just something that happens from time to time. It doesn't matter if You're rooted or not or what home/launcher you use. Its typical of any computer to have bugs. I say that because fones are basically computers anymore.

You can try removing then re-adding the wiget or just reboot the phone. That should take care of it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have only had an issue since using cm6 rc2. It will every now and then say problem loading widget. This use to happen when switching from landscape to portrait, but its doing it without even switching.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac7 View Post
    I have only had an issue since using cm6 rc2. It will every now and then say problem loading widget. This use to happen when switching from landscape to portrait, but its doing it without even switching.
    It's not CM-specific. I have had this issue on many different ROMs, as well as with ADW and LauncherPro. It just seems to crop up from time to time and then it goes back to normal. I believe it has something to do with the servers from which BW gets its info.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jt.02 View Post
    Ok After giving this issue a few days this is what happens. First I have never had a problem with the clock updating until CM6 RC2. It is almost like the android system is killing BW when needed. I say this BC with light use I never have a problem. Now with heavy multi-tasking or extended web surfing I go back to the home screen and the clock no longer works on the widget. Even if I delete and re-install the widget it updates to the correct time but thats it....it sticks again. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Then it works fine until heavy use again. I have tried fixing permissions. I love this ROM and this is not a deal breaker for me! But I would like to get this fixed!

BTW this is why quit using "weather widget" I hate to see BW having the same problems.. :/
    Last edited by jt.02; 07-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Ok After giving this issue a few days this is what happens. First I have never had a problem with the clock updating until CM6 RC2. It is almost like the android system is killing BW when needed. I say this BC with light use I never have a problem. Now with heavy multi-tasking or extended web surfing I go back to the home screen and the clock no longer works on the widget. Even if I delete and re-install the widget it updates to the correct time but thats it....it sticks again. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Then it works fine until heavy use again. I have tried fixing permissions. I love this ROM and this is not a deal breaker for me! But I would like to get this fixed!

BTW this is why quit using "weather widget" I hate to see BW having the same problems.. :/
    I've been having trouble with the weather info not updating for the last few days. I think that is more an issue with google's servers, though.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Yeah I have had that problem in the past....I know BW has to download info for the weather from some server. In airplane mode the weather never updates but the time should keep up with the internal clock of the phone.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Android Bionic
    My Weather won't update. Clocks fine (BB 0.4). Strange though, On my computer Google Home page, the weather is not updating either. Hmm.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    From BW Dev...

Another User asked the developer about the issue of the weather and temperature not updating. Here is their response:

Hello,
    Actually I am using Google as a weather provider which is not reliable recently. But I have good news. I now have an agreement with a professional weather feed and will use it. I am working on coding the new feed right now!"

Also, you can run this app and the Weather Channel app at the same time. I choose to turn off the BW temp notification in the notification bar but keep the Weather Channel temp notification on because it will turn red if there are any weather alerts. The Weather Channel app is good for real time radar (by choosing to map your location and then hitting the Play button). I link the three day BW forecast to the WC app in the BW options.]
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Android Bionic
    thanks backnblack!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links