DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is there a way (led notifications in CM6)

  1. Senior Droid
    Hexus's Avatar
    Member #
    43960
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    162
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Is there a way (led notifications in CM6)

    I love how you can set custom colors for notifications.
    For example I set red for text messages, missed calls are blue, and emails are green. The only problem is that the light will only flash with whatever the first notification is. For example if I get an email is blinks green, but then if I get a text before I clear the email it still just flashes green.
    Is there a way to make it flash alternate colors depending on what notifications there are? For example if I get an email and a text can I set it up somehow to blink green, and then red?
    It's nice to be able to see from a distance if I have any new messages but some messages take priority. I wouldn't stop what I was doing just for an email, but if I knew I had an email and a text or missed call I would.

    Hopefully I even made sense, sorry coming off a 14 hour shift...
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Jimmyzla's Avatar
    Member #
    87609
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    131
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexus View Post
    I love how you can set custom colors for notifications.
    For example I set red for text messages, missed calls are blue, and emails are green. The only problem is that the light will only flash with whatever the first notification is. For example if I get an email is blinks green, but then if I get a text before I clear the email it still just flashes green.
    Is there a way to make it flash alternate colors depending on what notifications there are? For example if I get an email and a text can I set it up somehow to blink green, and then red?
    It's nice to be able to see from a distance if I have any new messages but some messages take priority. I wouldn't stop what I was doing just for an email, but if I knew I had an email and a text or missed call I would.

    Hopefully I even made sense, sorry coming off a 14 hour shift...
    I found the way of changing the notification LED for texts but I don't see that option for Gmail or Goggle Voice. Am I just missing them? And I agree would be cool if it can do alternating colors.
  4. Master Droid
    dodgersrgood's Avatar
    Member #
    11351
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    818
    Phone
    moto droid
    #3
    ya the alternate colors would be really good
  5. Senior Droid
    FormerIphonePreuser's Avatar
    Member #
    17990
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Hey does the LED notification turn on while the screen is on? Or just when the screen is off?
  6. Master Droid
    hrdnhvy's Avatar
    Member #
    46691
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    613
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5

    Led

    That is one of the main reasons i always seem to revert back to CM builds, CM has more ui tweeks than any other roms....
  7. Senior Droid
    Artimis's Avatar
    Member #
    14507
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    207
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerIphonePreuser View Post
    Hey does the LED notification turn on while the screen is on? Or just when the screen is off?
    There is an option for this but for some reason, the option is disabled/greyed on the Droid for CM6 RC1......I believe there was a request already put in to make sure this option gets re-enabled in the next update.

    I just wish there was some option to enable this on the back-end if it is just a bug with the UI.
  8. Senior Droid
    Hexus's Avatar
    Member #
    43960
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    162
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    does anyone have any meaningful insight into my original question?
  9. ty_
    ty_ is offline
    Senior Droid
    ty_'s Avatar
    Member #
    87020
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Phone
    Dr0id.
    #8
    i've never come upon anything that fixes what you're looking for.
    i'll be paying close attention though if someone else finds something though.
  10. Droid Newbie
    dpron's Avatar
    Member #
    90045
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyzla View Post

    I found the way of changing the notification LED for texts but I don't see that option for Gmail or Goggle Voice. Am I just missing them? And I agree would be cool if it can do alternating colors.
    Where perchance did you find that? I've been looking around for a way to customize the LED colors. I'm using Google Voice though instead of the standard SMS app. I haven't found a way to do Gmail either...
  11. Senior Droid
    Jimmyzla's Avatar
    Member #
    87609
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    131
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #10
    [quote/]

    Where perchance did you find that? I've been looking around for a way to customize the LED colors. I'm using Google Voice though instead of the standard SMS app. I haven't found a way to do Gmail either...[/quote]

    messaging app settings - notification settings.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Notifications
    By jschlis in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
  3. Notifications
    By huskerjill in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 06:55 AM
  4. HELP with notifications
    By tytrophen in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
  5. notifications
    By stanwelks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 07:13 AM

Search tags for this page

cm6 led notification

,

cm6 led notifications

,

how to make alternating led blinks on android notifications

,

how to make droid blink red when texted

,

how to make led light flash blue on droid bionic

,

is there a way to make the phone flash for notififications?

,

set priority text droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+