DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HELP, Stuck at Droid Eye and Can't boot to recovery

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic

HELP, Stuck at Droid Eye and Can't boot to recovery

Sorry for dual posting, but after I posted in Help I thought that this would probably be the better section to post in.

Ok so heres the deal. I was flashing the Team Chaos Clean Black Theme over the TC 1.0 Froyo ROM. I've been flashing roms with Rom manager for about 4 months or so and never had this problem.

The phone rebooted, was supposed to back up the rom i had, and then flash the theme... what it ended up doing was reboot, hang at the M logo for a little while, quick reboot (screen went black for a second and then back to the M logo), back to the M logo, then it starts up the boot animation and just hangs. Its been waiting on this screen for like 30 minutes now.

I can not boot into recovery (Clockwork latest version). If I try to go into recovery it will show the M logo, hang, then reboot real quick and go to the eye and do nothing.

I have a bunch of backups on my sd card that I could flash back to..... if i could get into recovery.

I'm kinda flipping out thinking that I'm going to have to start from scratch and re-root, etc. What can I do here?

Thanks
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    Quote Originally Posted by jayman350 View Post
    Sorry for dual posting, but after I posted in Help I thought that this would probably be the better section to post in.

Ok so heres the deal. I was flashing the Team Chaos Clean Black Theme over the TC 1.0 Froyo ROM. I've been flashing roms with Rom manager for about 4 months or so and never had this problem.

The phone rebooted, was supposed to back up the rom i had, and then flash the theme... what it ended up doing was reboot, hang at the M logo for a little while, quick reboot (screen went black for a second and then back to the M logo), back to the M logo, then it starts up the boot animation and just hangs. Its been waiting on this screen for like 30 minutes now.

I can not boot into recovery (Clockwork latest version). If I try to go into recovery it will show the M logo, hang, then reboot real quick and go to the eye and do nothing.

I have a bunch of backups on my sd card that I could flash back to..... if i could get into recovery.

I'm kinda flipping out thinking that I'm going to have to start from scratch and re-root, etc. What can I do here?

Thanks
    you should be able to use RSDLite to flash in the recovery only file then boot into that and flash clockwork so you can access your backups and restore one

you might try a battery pull removing the charger cable and booting one more time holding X like normal give the phone a minute to cool down though

sounds like your last flash was a bad file possiabley
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    RSDLite worked, but only after failing on my PC at work (Vista x64). I had to find an XP computer here that no one was using, load up RSDLite, drivers, etc. and it finally worked.

Thanks for the help.
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Same thing happened to me. I had the Froyo from ROM Manager installed and I had just updated ROM Manager and the clockworkmod 2.0.0.3. I decided to go back to the Bugless 1.1 that I had backed up a few days ago. It rebooted, restored, rebooted again, and same as you. I lost all recovery and it would just hang at the eye on boot. I had to reflash 2.0.1 from my computer to have any functionality...

On a side note, I have also had some problems with all of the latest ROM Manager updates. It refuses to flash the recovery the first time. ROM Manager always freezes and I have to close it, go back in, install the SPRecovery to fix the ClockworkMod screwed up recovery, then reinstall Clockwork to get it to actually install. I think this is where I got screwed up last time. ROM Manager hanged when I flashed the new Clockwork and I didn't do the SP flashover and reinstall of Clockwork.

Links