DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Problems with DarkEdge ROM/theme in RM?

  1. Master Droid
    stlcity's Avatar
    Member #
    24727
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    307
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

    crisis
    Thats what he said on the IRC...
  2. Droid
    chrisCRISIS's Avatar
    Member #
    12990
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    droid
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

    crisis
    Thats what he said on the IRC...
    well, good for you but the question wasn't answered for the rest of the people posting in the thread with problems who may not have gone to the irc channel. your comment was so constructive.
    Motorola Droid
    CyanogenMod 5.0.5.6 ported by Koush
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

    follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  3. Master Droid
    mjh68's Avatar
    Member #
    48368
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    414
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
  4. Droid
    chrisCRISIS's Avatar
    Member #
    12990
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    droid
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    Motorola Droid
    CyanogenMod 5.0.5.6 ported by Koush
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

    follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  5. Droid Ninja
    hookerdj's Avatar
    Member #
    49593
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,815
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    #15
    sorry to tell you but thats not fine your icons should be themed



    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean420 View Post
    Same issue here, boot loops. Im not sure what the steam rom is like but if you want the DarkEdge theme i installed it over bugless beast with no problems from here:

    [Release] DarkEdge UI

    Instructions look rough but i had no problems at all. Its really worth it.
  6. Master Droid
    mjh68's Avatar
    Member #
    48368
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    414
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
  7. Droid
    chrisCRISIS's Avatar
    Member #
    12990
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    droid
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
    i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Motorola Droid
    CyanogenMod 5.0.5.6 ported by Koush
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

    follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  8. Master Droid
    mjh68's Avatar
    Member #
    48368
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    414
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post

    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
    i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.
  9. Droid
    chrisCRISIS's Avatar
    Member #
    12990
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post

    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
    i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.
    you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.
    Motorola Droid
    CyanogenMod 5.0.5.6 ported by Koush
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

    follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  10. Master Droid
    mjh68's Avatar
    Member #
    48368
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    414
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post

    i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.
    you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.
    Ok, that worked . Thanks for your patience and assistance . Guess I was trying to be to efficient with wiping LOL. I really do like this theme
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Darkedge theme going to be available in an easier to use form?
    By combat_chuck in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. [Help] Launcher.apk from Desire theme causing problems
    By fwellingtonfiii in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
  3. DarkEdge Theme
    By Bshaggy6 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
  4. Metamorph theme problems
    By onewing91 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
  5. Problems with BB v0.8 and Smoked Glass theme
    By Templer16 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM

Search tags for this page

dark edge for liberty rom
,

dark edge rom

,
dark rom theme
,

darkedge rom

,
darky rom edge only
,
rm rom v0.8
,
rom darkedge
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+