DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with DarkEdge ROM/theme in RM?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisCRISIS View Post
    i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

crisis
    Thats what he said on the IRC...
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
    i was in constant contact with Mrbobrowitz when testing this for him and had the same problem. he's since fixed it. you can get the new rom here [Theme][Rom] Mrbobrowitz's Themed Roms (Updated 5-11) - CyanogenMod Forum. make sure you install regular steam rom first and then install the dark edge themed one on top of it. do not use titanium or mybackup pro to get your apps back, use the market. app backup programs caused a lot of problems for me. hope this helped.

crisis
    Thats what he said on the IRC...
    well, good for you but the question wasn't answered for the rest of the people posting in the thread with problems who may not have gone to the irc channel. your comment was so constructive.
    Motorola Droid
    CyanogenMod 5.0.5.6 ported by Koush
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
    I still got Bootloops after installing both of the new files from Mr.B . He references a full rom with dark edge , but I don't see it on Rom manager did he pull it ?
    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    Motorola Droid
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    sorry to tell you but thats not fine your icons should be themed

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean420 View Post
    Same issue here, boot loops. Im not sure what the steam rom is like but if you want the DarkEdge theme i installed it over bugless beast with no problems from here:

[Release] DarkEdge UI

Instructions look rough but i had no problems at all. Its really worth it.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i don't believe he put the updated version of the DE rom onto RM. refer to the link i posted on the previous page for the download link. make sure you're installing over steam rom.
    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    No, I did install both files from your link on the previous page. I was reading through his thread see if any other fixes and he had a post with his tips. One of them was to load his steam rom with darkedge already on it , but there isn't one on rom manager. I loaded a fresh steam, made sure it loaded and it did just fine. I then ran the zip file with darkedge and when it rebooted just kept looping.
    i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Motorola Droid
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

i'm beta testing a new version for him as we speak, but did you load darkedge 1.2 update over the fresh steam rom from the link? no wipe. disregard any steamrom darkedge that may have been on rom manager.
    Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Yes, I wiped data , cache then downloaded the steam.5beta zip from the link and I also downloaded the 1.2 darkedge zip from the same site you linked to . I installed steam and rebooted to make sure steam ran on the phone before the theme. I then installed the 1.2 darkedge zip after wiping once again and it still bootlooped.
    you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.
    Motorola Droid
    P3Droid 1.2 kernal

follow me on twitter
    chriscrisis81
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

you don't wipe. you install a fresh stock steam rom, and then darkedge theme right over it with no wipe. try that, let me know how it goes.
    Ok, that worked . Thanks for your patience and assistance . Guess I was trying to be to efficient with wiping LOL. I really do like this theme
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links