Editing Helix Launcher
So I'm trying to edit my Helix Launcher...here is what I did
-Moved it from my SD to /data/app
-ADB pulled it
-Made two copies of it, opened up copy A and edited the .pngs I wanted to
-Opened up copy B as an archive using 7zip, replaced the pngs
-ADB pushed to /data/app
When I use root explorer to navigate to /data/app, I can find Helix Launcher, I try to install it using the package installer, but the installation fails. I go to my Applications menu through settings, and the phone recognizes that Helix Launcher is there, but for some reason the app will not work. Any ideas?
Originally Posted by titans
Wow, I guess I take the long way around for everything I do, but it works lol... here is what I do...
1. Obtain a copy of the original APK
2. Rename the APK to a ZIP and unpack it to it's own folder.
3. Change whatever PNG files I like. (usually just the launcher button)
4. Re-packed it all into a ZIP again...
5. Change the ZIP extension back to APK
6. Use jarsigner from the Java Dev Kit to re-sign the app
7. Copy the newly modified app to my SD card
8. Uninstall any currently installed versions of the app.
9. Install my version using Astro File Manager (free from market)
(just tap the file and it prompts to install, no adb push needed)
10. Hit my home button and chose my launcher and enjoy... :)
Anyway, if all this sounds like too much feel free to PM me and I will give you my e-mail address and let you send me your desired PNG files as well as a copy of your original helix launcher app so I have the correct version to work with...
I will package a modified app for you and e-mail it back... Then you would just need to do steps 7 to 10...
remove your current helixlauncher, edit the apk, push it back to /system/app/ folder. works for me everytime.
Originally Posted by droid_maine