DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Help please on wife's root

  1. Master Droid
    Nedaroth's Avatar
    Member #
    8951
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    470
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Help please on wife's root

    I am rooting my wife's phone from the offical verizon update 2.1, now when i rooted my droid i was on 2.01 so rooting was a bit different.

    I have SP Recovery flashed on her droid, if i use rom mgr on her phone and download 5.0.6.2 will the install root her phone as well or do i need to root first? Thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    Kmart95's Avatar
    Member #
    20172
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    You wont be able to use rom manager quite yet because it requires root access. But since you have SPrecovery you can install a Custom Rom which will then give her phone root. So you can begin using Rom Manager
  4. Master Droid
    masterxchief's Avatar
    Member #
    6581
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    442
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    I am rooting my wife's phone from the offical verizon update 2.1, now when i rooted my droid i was on 2.01 so rooting was a bit different.

    I have SP Recovery flashed on her droid, if i use rom mgr on her phone and download 5.0.6.2 will the install root her phone as well or do i need to root first? Thanks
    You need to install a cyanogen via the update.zip method. After flashing the sprecovery you dont have root access, you have the ability to flash a custom rom. You can go to the following link and click download stable mod to get the update.zip file

    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.p...torola-droid/?
  5. Master Droid
    Nedaroth's Avatar
    Member #
    8951
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    470
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmart95 View Post
    You wont be able to use rom manager quite yet because it requires root access. But since you have SPrecovery you can install a Custom Rom which will then give her phone root. So you can begin using Rom Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    I am rooting my wife's phone from the offical verizon update 2.1, now when i rooted my droid i was on 2.01 so rooting was a bit different.

    I have SP Recovery flashed on her droid, if i use rom mgr on her phone and download 5.0.6.2 will the install root her phone as well or do i need to root first? Thanks
    You need to install a cyanogen via the update.zip method. After flashing the sprecovery you dont have root access, you have the ability to flash a custom rom. You can go to the following link and click download stable mod to get the update.zip file

    CyanogenMod Forum -> Motorola Droid
    Thanks guys
  6. Master Droid
    Kmart95's Avatar
    Member #
    20172
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    No problem
  7. Senior Droid
    BACAbone's Avatar
    Member #
    54949
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #6
    If you can unbrick it then it never was bricked, if it never was bricked then you didn't unbrick s#!t
  8. Master Droid
    Nedaroth's Avatar
    Member #
    8951
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    470
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    success with update.zip but thanks bone good to know for future use.
    Last edited by Nedaroth; 05-01-2010 at 07:26 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    BACAbone's Avatar
    Member #
    54949
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #8
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    success with update.zip but thanks bone good to know for future use.
    Glad to hear it. Sounds easier. Wish I knew bout it myself when I did a friends phone while back
    If you can unbrick it then it never was bricked, if it never was bricked then you didn't unbrick s#!t
  10. Master Droid
    Nedaroth's Avatar
    Member #
    8951
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    470
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BACAbone View Post
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    success with update.zip but thanks bone good to know for future use.
    Glad to hear it. Sounds easier. Wish I knew bout it myself when I did a friends phone while back
    In a bit of a pickle NO MARKET HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Droid Ninja
    hookerdj's Avatar
    Member #
    49593
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,815
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. which android to buy for wife
    By nooter99 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
  2. wife and i just got droid
    By sorourke in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 02:10 AM
  3. Wife's starting to want a new car
    By DessoThumbs in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 06:06 AM
  4. I converted my wife.
    By dropseys in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
  5. New Phone for my Wife
    By MrCapcom in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Search tags for this page

wiferoot

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+