Hey everyone. Just joined up on request of koush to try and help with the large wave of new users that came in recently... I spend most of my time over at the CM droid forum and in the IRC. I can't promise I'll be over here that much but I'll try to chime in when I can. IRC is definitely your best bet for support. I'm there a lot(too much) as well as others that are very helpful. but anyways, here are some basic facts to get you started and answer a lof of the basic questions.
1. This rom is not a "fully loaded" rom. You won't see much more than you would see in a stock android build. It's meant to be a nice, enhanced, optimized version "stock" android. Koush will not be deviating from cyanogen's "vision" for the build.
2. Going along with #1 the rom is clocked to 600 by default. CM's boot.img uses a different ramdisk than all the other roms out there so your old boot.img's will not work. at the time of writing this you can use Bekit's, P3Droid's( rom manager), and Jake's. If people start packaging more kernels using koush's "any updater" method you can use those too.
3. Again, going along with #1 requests for custom mods to the rom will likely not be accepted. changes mainly go from Cyanogen>koush, not the other way around. however, definitely feel free to report bugs! those are always welcome(so long as they are accompanied by a logcat!!!).
4. The rom is distributed in 2 pieces(for legal reasons). Google apps are separate from the rom. so if you ever find yourself missing things like market it's probably because you didn't install google apps.
5. If you like "flash"(not the adobe product) themers are your friend! as I already mentioned, this is not a flashy rom. it will never be. if you want to change the looks check out one of the many great themes available. be aware though, that themes can sometimes break things. if you have a good theme dev(bgill comes to mind) that shouldn't be an issue. but just make sure you backup and if you find a bug while you are themed please verify that it is there in the un-themed version before reporting to koush. if it's a theme related bug report it to the theme dev.
6. There seems to be some widespread "fear" of clockwork recovery. I will say that there was 1 "real" bug I can think of with clockwork back in the early 1.7's. other than that a lot of the "issues" people have seen were due to the rom they were using. koush made adjustments long ago to fight this problem even though the problem was NOT on the recovery side of things. Clockwork is as stable as anything out there. what many have failed to remember is the early days of sprecovery... it was not always as solid as it is now. and clockwork is a much younger recovery than sprecovery. it is also developed for something like 8 phones! of course there are going to be some growing pains just as there were with sprecovery back in the day. but anyways, no reason to be "afraid" of the current clockwork. it's as solid as anything.
That's about all I can think of at the moment.